Texas Toy Soldier Show Photos & Report (1 Viewer)

desk11desk12

1st Lieutenant
I hope you enjoy these pictures of the Texas Toy Soldier Show 2023 I shot over last weekend.
My thoughts:

It was great seeing old friends, dealers and Britains.

This year is the second show since COVID policies changed America and our hobby. IMO, the demographic decline is helping either.

It was a disappointing showing and despite being assured that more collectors were at this show than 2022.
Britains, was represented very well by Doug, Ted, Jeff and another women (apologies for not knowing her name).
Britains has really upped their game and producing some great releases…Kudos to them.
That Sherman tank is hot and I was teased about many new WW2 sets to come. However, there release from eras look great too!

Aside from Britains, there weren’t any other manufactures represented.
Manufactures representation can really make the difference.
However, I understand why they don’t come anymore. King & Country wasn’t represented again this year. They made a business decision.

Sierra, Hobby Bunker, Treefrog Treasures were all there and it was great to catch up with them.
They were plenty of small dealers and private collectors present offering a variety of products in many different scales, metal and plastic items.

Carlos

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

many thanks Carlos for the nice pictures,
I like the Sherman but I find it a little too clean, let's hope it's just a first draft and that it will a little weathered afterwards
ciao
Carlo

Thanks for taking the time to post photos Carlos, hope you had a good time.

Loved the shots of the one stand with all the original boxed Britiain Deetail sets and the other stand with all the loose Britain Deetail figures, plus the nice older boxed plastics behind that table.

As you stated, often times the real gems are found on the stands of collectors who are thinning out their collections.

Also; major props to Santa Anna, he looks great for 229, he doesn't look a day over 200.

Thanks again for the photos, much appreciated.

Thanks for the report and the photos.

I think I spotted a new figure of Wolfe and maybe Montcalm amongst the Britains figures.

Brendan

Thank you for posting the lovely photos of the Toy Soldier Fair in Texas.

Love the two new WBritain American Revolution Militia. They will be a great addition alongside my Art of War American Revolution Militia.

Cheers,
Grey

Thank you for posting, Carlos. Some stands were really great. I wonder what the dealer feedback is.

Thanks for posting Carlos! Great to see so many new and familiar faces this trip. Got home today and catching up. Will try and post a few snaps I took prior to opening on Saturday AM.

Julie

Users who are viewing this thread

Back