The 2013 Indy Show (1 Viewer)

kogu

2nd Lieutenant
Are any fellow forum members going to the Indy Show this year?
Would be nice to meet a few.
Konrad

Attachments

• Soldier Show Ad 2013.JPG
    Soldier Show Ad 2013.JPG
    142 KB · Views: 478
I'll be there... I'll have some tables for BattleBoards.. Will be getting there on Friday afternoon..

Jim

I'll be there... I'll have some tables for BattleBoards.. Will be getting there on Friday afternoon..

Jim

Hi Jim,

looking forward to meet you in Indianapolis and have a look at your battle boards.
Just checked your website

http://battleboards.net/

and that is some fine looking stuff you're doing.

Cheers!

Konrad

The Indy show last year was my first ever and I had a blast! Will be back this year also

The new venue (last year was the first time) is great.. excellent 1st floor rooms near the ballroom, plenty of space and good lighting in the ballroom, etc. For the latest information on the show you can go to:

http://www.playsetmagazine.com/IndyShow/index.html

Last year there were 61 dealers in attendance representing a wide range of toy soldiers, accessories, books, militaria, etc. The first preliminary dealer list has been posted for this year.. 28 dealers have already signed up.... this list will be updated as more dealers register.

@Konrad - thx very much, I look forward to seeing you and everyone else..

Regards,

Jim

I've just updated the Indy Show website here:

33 dealers have already reserved table space, with many more on the way. Show promoter Barry Carter says rooms are almost gone at the Marriott for that weekend, so if you want to stay there it would be wise to get reservation in asap.

Thx

Jim

Looking forward to Indy this year. My dad and I are attending as dealers again, though I tend to shop more that I sell!!

Beau

Hey guys, new to this forum but a member of many others. I just saw this thread and thought about going. Do dealers there sell forces of valor, flames of war or 1/32 diorama pieces?

I collect 1/32 and am looking to expand my collections.

I go to Indy every year--it scratches my toy soldier itch between OTSNs.

I loved the new site last year, and look forward to this year's event. What I like best is the intimate atmosphere. The show is small enough that I can get around to every dealer several times.

See you all there.

Hey guys, new to this forum but a member of many others. I just saw this thread and thought about going. Do dealers there sell forces of valor, flames of war or 1/32 diorama pieces?

I collect 1/32 and am looking to expand my collections.

You'll find Forces of Valor and 1/32 scale diorama pieces, displays, etc.. not sure about Flames of War, though.

It's a good show. I'm definitely looking forward to it!

Jim

Thanks Jim,

Myself, wife and daughter were thinking about coming down.

Thanks Jim,

Myself, wife and daughter were thinking about coming down.

Don't know how far you travel, but it's a nice show.. good location, etc. If you haven't already done so, you can check out the Indy Show website at:

It has a 2013 dealer list - still being added to, has information on the hotel, photos from past shows, etc. The Marriott was a new venue last year, so the 2012 show photos will be of interest to you as far as the facilities go...

Thx

Jim

Yeah Jim, I been checking out. I live east of kokomo between that and marion about an hour north of indy.

Yeah Jim, I been checking out. I live east of kokomo between that and marion about an hour north of indy.

Awesome... definitely worth the hour drive.. I'm going down on Friday from the Chicago area...

Latest update - 62 vendors are registered..

Jim

A nice show. Lots of dealers, not a lot of customers. Plenty of plastic, and lots of folks you don't see in Schaumburg. Hotel is relatively easy to find, however once you get into the place the show is hard to find. Had to ask about three employees to find the room. Nice big room with wide aisles once you found it. Part of the reason the show was slow may be because the predicted snow storm, which didn't happen until later. But lots of good deals. If they have it again I'd go again.

A nice show. Lots of dealers, not a lot of customers. Plenty of plastic, and lots of folks you don't see in Schaumburg. Hotel is relatively easy to find, however once you get into the place the show is hard to find. Had to ask about three employees to find the room. Nice big room with wide aisles once you found it. Part of the reason the show was slow may be because the predicted snow storm, which didn't happen until later. But lots of good deals. If they have it again I'd go again.

It’s a nice venue, very spacious with good lighting. Don’t know why more of the industry “celebrities” don’t make more of an effort to get to this one. Met some (relatively) new dealers, and got to see some new products in person for the first time.

I really enjoyed this event and will be going back in the future.

The attendance at the show on Sunday was definitely way down.. I also believe in large part due to the predicted snowstorm, which was supposed to dump anywhere from 5 - 10 inches during the day.. As stated by Jay, the storm didn't materialize until evening, although I know collectors traveling southwest from Indy ran into some nasty conditions.

Show promoter, Barry Carter wants to send a big thank you to everyone who did get out for the show..

Room trading was good, and the weather was decent as well. I got in Friday afternoon and didn't get set up in my room until 6 or 7 pm, but still had quite a few collectors coming through.. Saturday, as is usual with these shows, was brisk at times and slow at times, but overall quite good. I had a great time seeing friends, selling some stuff and acquiring a few new items for my collection.

Jim

I had fun even tough attendance was down (from last year). Always good to see and talk to everyone even if I have a devil of a time remembering everybody's name! ~dOUg

It’s a nice venue, very spacious with good lighting. Don’t know why more of the industry “celebrities” don’t make more of an effort to get to this one. Met some (relatively) new dealers, and got to see some new products in person for the first time.

I really enjoyed this event and will be going back in the future.

If by "celebrities" you mean manufacturers like K & C, Figarti, Britains, Frontline, Collectors Showcase, etc, who attend OTSN and The West Coaster; the Indy show is known for the most part as a plastics show, the midwest has a very, very strong plastics following, OTSN used to be dominated by plastic dealers, more and more metal dealers have come to the show the past 12 or so years.

I sell both metal and plastic, I've got a nice core group of midwesterners who support me; that said, for me to hump all the way from MA to IN in late March, it's a crapshoot as far as the weather, specificially this winter.

I've attended three shows so far this year and two have been impacted by snow, ever since February 11th or so, seems like every week we get hammered with snow, the mid atlantic got clobbered yesterday as a matter of fact.

I don't think by industry celebrities not coming it's a knock on the show as again, the show is very strong as far as plastic sales go..................

Users who are viewing this thread

Back