The best of the best! Which K&C piece is #1? (1 Viewer)

why the winter tiger?

Although the Afrika tiger is still available (the price has not been marked way higher than retail yet), I thought it is much more authentic in scale and detail than the winter tiger.

so why not the afrika tiger?

I think the figures that come with the Winter Tiger and the box it comes in make it an outstanding set.
The Tunisian Tiger is bigger yes but the crew are not nearly so interesting in their poses.

I think the figures that come with the Winter Tiger and the box it comes in make it an outstanding set.
The Tunisian Tiger is bigger yes but the crew are not nearly so interesting in their poses.

This sums it up very nicely.I think the Tunisian Tiger is an outstanding model and right up there with the very best,however my winter version just has an 'atmosphere' about it created by the whole set.

All in all K&C still rule the Big Cats!:)

Rob

I have to say the new K2 takes top place with me. Outstanding work. -- lancer

I still havn't seen this in the flesh,just over two weeks to go though!;)

Rob

I'm with NJ John on this one, terrain all the way; my favorite all time piece is the Arnhem bridge that I saw for the first time at OTSN in 1997? I think, maybe 1996. Just stunning, imagine that with the new 250/1, Normandy kubelwagon, Berlin armored car, etc, etc and the new Germans storming across with the new Airborne figures holding on for dear life.

Surround the bridge with JG Arnhem buildings and that is one magnificant display.

A close second is the Stalingrad strongpoint, a real beauty............

The winter tiger does have atmosphere, but the winter 88 with crew is a sentimental favorite. My paper mache arnhem buildings are awesome too.

The one that always hits my G-spot is the first Polystone Panther; original paint job. Not the ambush or white washed that came shortly later.

For now it's SL British Sherman, but only because there's no Firefly yet.

I'll side with Gary...the Winter 88. It's a diorama piece on it's own. If I didn't have it (thank's Gary on this find)than I probably wouldn't favour it,but seeing it in my display first hand, brings out the fact that it is remarkable set.
Second the SL Winter Tiger.Another fine set on it's own.Figures have great poses and the art work on the box completes the set.
For obvious reasons the Canadian Stagehound gets a special mention.:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back