The Fall of Malaya, Singapore & Hong Kong Full Colour Brochure (1 Viewer)

Terry,

If there are deck sections for sale, at least one will be coming home with me! I will go take some photos of the Japanese planes.

I doubt any deck sections will be for sale. I'm sure it's a "one of" for repeated use by K&C at shows. But the deck will soon have a little brother because Andy is making a carrier deck for US aircraft.

Terry

The Val is really something of a surprise. I think of KC as sticking to iconic types (like the Zero) in its selection of product for polystone models. It's a nice surprise, nonetheless.^&cool Hey though, how about one with folded wings or the canopy open!{eek3}:wink2:

-Moe

Moe,

Back in the 1990's, K&C made wood warbirds with folding wings, I have seen carrier versions of a Hellcat and a Corsair.

Moe,

Back in the 1990's, K&C made wood warbirds with folding wings, I have seen carrier versions of a Hellcat and a Corsair.

That would be GREAT for a diorama, Louis.:cool: It would be interesting visually and help shrink the footprint of the display.

Closed canopies on models of carrier aircraft kinda bug me, at least if the landing gear is fixed down. Taking off or landing, the canopies were open so that that they couldn't get stuck and trap the pilot. On deck, closed canopies created a greenhouse-effect in the cockpit and would be unbearably hot for heavily clad airmen. So, the canopies were open most of the time when the aircraft were onboard.

That's all. Won't mention it again.:redface2:

-Moe

That would be GREAT for a diorama, Louis.:cool: It would be interesting visually and help shrink the footprint of the display.

Closed canopies on models of carrier aircraft kinda bug me, at least if the landing gear is fixed down. Taking off or landing, the canopies were open so that that they couldn't get stuck and trap the pilot. On deck, closed canopies created a greenhouse-effect in the cockpit and would be unbearably hot for heavily clad airmen. So, the canopies were open most of the time when the aircraft were onboard.

-Moe

Moe,

K&C did make a few model warbirds with open canopies back in the wood production days. I have an old wood Hawker Hurricane and Spitfire Mark V with open canopies.

I'm pretty sure my friend Hans Hedrich had a carrier version of a Hellcat with folding wings. I will ask him to send me a photo if he still has it.

The new KC Val, as depicted in the flyer, carries the markings of the IJN Agaki, around May, 1941, as the dive-bomber unit was forming up. By the time of Pearl Harbor, A1-205 had been repainted, losing the red tail and white tail numbers, replaced by standard gray tail with red numerals, and gaining the single red fuselage stripe that Id'ed Agaki aircraft at the time of the attack. -- Al

The new KC Val, as depicted in the flyer, carries the markings of the IJN Agaki, around May, 1941, as the dive-bomber unit was forming up. By the time of Pearl Harbor, A1-205 had been repainted, losing the red tail and white tail numbers, replaced by standard gray tail with red numerals, and gaining the single red fuselage stripe that Id'ed Agaki aircraft at the time of the attack. -- Al

Kinda like this:

Attachments

• K&C Val 2.jpg
    K&C Val 2.jpg
    128.6 KB · Views: 218

-Moe

I think this is great feedback. With a closed canopy, have a pilot inside. Otherwise, it will be great to leave the canopies open.

And always with great feedback, there is always this uneasiness that some smart alec veteran keyboard warrior will say something to put it down, which is fairly common nowadays. That's all. Won't mention it again. :redface2:

Actually, the tail code number is AI-205, not A1-205, as I stated above. -- Al

Like the black board, nice touch. You have the makings of a nice collection for this series. Robin.

Untitled-1.jpg

These figures could even be used in the post-war period after 1945 {sm4} - the British used the Japanese soldiers to keep the law and order as "policeman" before the British troops could arrived to the Far East to relieve them {sm3}

Users who are viewing this thread

Back