The French Foreign Legion (1 Viewer)

]Hi Mckenna,

Ops missed these in the previous note......{eek3}

In case you are still considering the Camerone Diorama and have not received the JJK Soldiers yet ( I have seen that both FFL and Mexican Regulars will be coming soon )......check these links on e-bay for FFL Camerone era soldiers...very nice indeed......

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MORGAN-MINI...Toys_Games_ToySoldiers_EH&hash=item5afac15fa2

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MORGAN-MINI...Toys_Games_ToySoldiers_EH&hash=item5afac16135

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MORGAN-MINI...Toys_Games_ToySoldiers_EH&hash=item5afac1645b

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MORGAN-MINI...Toys_Games_ToySoldiers_EH&hash=item5afac16ae4

Cheers

Luiz ( A_C )[/QUOTE]

Wondering if you could help me identify these metal soldiers acquired at an estate sale?

IMG_4495.JPGIMG_4546.jpgIMG_4544.JPGIMG_4534.JPGIMG_4515.JPG

Wondering if you could help me identify these metal soldiers acquired at an estate sale?

View attachment 151757View attachment 151758View attachment 151759View attachment 151760View attachment 151761

Hi Thanks for adding them to the thread.....I will try my best, other members of the forum that read this theard and other most likely will give you some more details.....
You for sure have some French Foreign Legion ( the firing line with the soldiers using White Kepis and the cloth neck protectors....due to the lack of details from far I assume they are depicting Legionnaires from between 1900s to just before WW1 and or early 1920s not later for the rifles changed...You have some " it seems Civil War souavez.... if the rifles are flintlock, if bolt action they are French Colonial troops ( the ones running ), your for sure have 3 French officers they could be wither a match to your Legionnaires or part of the continental French Army given that they would not change uniforms when not serving in the Continental Army versus the Colonial. It seems you also have 2 Turkish or late Egyptian soldiers firing lying down....the natives due to the curved simitar are arabs...

Hi Thanks for adding them to the thread.....I will try my best, other members of the forum that read this theard and other most likely will give you some more details.....
You for sure have some French Foreign Legion ( the firing line with the soldiers using White Kepis and the cloth neck protectors....due to the lack of details from far I assume they are depicting Legionnaires from between 1900s to just before WW1 and or early 1920s not later for the rifles changed...You have some " it seems Civil War souavez.... if the rifles are flintlock, if bolt action they are French Colonial troops ( the ones running ), your for sure have 3 French officers they could be wither a match to your Legionnaires or part of the continental French Army given that they would not change uniforms when not serving in the Continental Army versus the Colonial. It seems you also have 2 Turkish or late Egyptian soldiers firing lying down....the natives due to the curved simitar are arabs...

As to the manufacturers I unfortunately could not identify the origin based on the pics you have sent....

Cheers

Artillery_Crazy

A few pictures of the Legion column arriving the Fort

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    38.9 KB · Views: 187
  • 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    57.5 KB · Views: 190
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    52 KB · Views: 189
Like the pack animals, TG talked about doing some, but not yet serviced. Robin.

I love the mix of manufacturers and such you use to make these scenes! Always fun to admire!

And now travel back in time to the late 1800s, to the burning sands of North Africa...join the desparate, the disillusioned, the dastardly fellows who have left their pasts behind and joined the society of second chances. A time and place where death can lie behind every dune...

A pre-dawn reveille echoes across the walls of a fort somewhere in Morocco.

An alarm is raised - movement in the distance. A cloud of sand on the horizon. Whether created by a storm or humans, rarely a good sign...

Tuareg! Fierce desert nomads that give no quarter and fear no enemy...

Steady and hold until they're in range - turn this horde around and there's an extra cup of pinard for you all come evening...

Very good, a gripping story to boot. You certainly have put some thought and effort into this series of scenes. Well done.^&cool, Robin.

More FFL on the march and in defensive postions

Attachments

• 018.JPG
    018.JPG
    56.4 KB · Views: 237
  • 017.JPG
    017.JPG
    60.1 KB · Views: 233
  • 016 (2).JPG
    016 (2).JPG
    62.3 KB · Views: 235
Hi all,

Just saw a mail sent by Vicki Lucas ( Gunn Marketing Manager ) and they are asking us all amongst other things who would be interested in a French Foreign Legion Fort....If they get enough interested parties one will be offered......
I have already said YEAH.....If you are keen on giving your FFL a decent depot from which to march out or to defend from the Tuaregs.......send her a note.....

Cheers

Luiz ( aka Artillery_Crazy )

I am very happy that a two year old projct that I started with Obee is now concluded!....This new fantastic set started as an idea after Obee finished assembling a fantastic French Foreign Legion garrison...and me having read in excess of ten books, between reference and novels on FFL, visited some of their forts in Morrocco and come back home crazy for all FFL related ideas .........Then I went out and started scavanging for the necessary sets to build a FFL 75 battery, like the ones the FFL used in the Atlas Mountain campaigns ( Morrocco ). It was not an easy task source the parts and I have to say a lot of luck ...to be in the Market looking for the artillery pieces at the same time these rare sets were being offered around.....Parts came for the UK, USA, France and Belgium...were sent to Down Under and master Obee gave them life....:salute:::cool::D
Then came the detailed research as to artillery pieces, uniforms of the soldiers and officers, the way they would sit on the guns, man the different positions loading, priming the ammunition, the ammo cassions and set up of what a gun section would look like, we used dozens of French Army period photographs....and now these sets are now here, firing the last salvo before onboarding a troopship to cross the seas to their final home in the Tropics.....
Thanks a lot Obee...:salute:::salute::
Cheers
Artillery_Crazy

A couple shots....

Attachments

• IMG_4472.JPG
    IMG_4472.JPG
    39.7 KB · Views: 200
  • IMG_4533.JPG
    IMG_4533.JPG
    70.3 KB · Views: 197
  • IMG_4534.JPG
    IMG_4534.JPG
    49.1 KB · Views: 199
  • IMG_4535.JPG
    IMG_4535.JPG
    50.6 KB · Views: 205
  • IMG_4538.JPG
    IMG_4538.JPG
    82.4 KB · Views: 197
A few more pics this time with the FFL Colours and trumpeteer, as well as range finder detachment......:salute::

Attachments

• IMG_4616.JPG
    IMG_4616.JPG
    48.4 KB · Views: 162
  • IMG_4615.JPG
    IMG_4615.JPG
    44.6 KB · Views: 166
  • IMG_4617.JPG
    IMG_4617.JPG
    49.1 KB · Views: 160
I am very happy that a two year old projct that I started with Obee is now concluded!....

Not quite finished yet, Luiz!!!

There are another dozen Legionaries still on my workbench, gaining their last 'lick of paint' so watch out for their images coming your way this weekend, and a parcel in the mail coming next week.

JOhn

Yahooo...
Will wait for their arrival before setting up a proper dio to have them all in matching orders......:cool::salute::{sm4}
Thanks John....
Cheers
Luiz

Not quite finished yet, Luiz!!!

There are another dozen Legionaries still on my workbench, gaining their last 'lick of paint' so watch out for their images coming your way this weekend, and a parcel in the mail coming next week.

JOhn

Users who are viewing this thread

Back