The Graffiti Artist (1 Viewer)

Just an explanation.

OZO
(Oranje Zal Overwinnen, Orange shall conquer) Dutch resistance slogan used during the Nazi occupation and the V for Victory also seen in other occupied countries.

Steve

Hey Steve,

if you ask me I’ll never get tired of saying that details make the difference! In all honesty, that writing on the wall looks so great!
{eek3} I'm not going to lie when I say that only a selective few have the knowledge to appreciate! :eek:

Cheers

Enrico

Brilliant and creative setup Steve, you always surprise me! Congratulations!

As I have mentioned before, a rather unique and different presentation.
A totally different look at WWII, not with fighting with guns, but fighting with WORDS.

I hope it was chalk that you used for the inscription or you are going to have to "repaint" the wall.

Always enjoy your creativity and ideas .... even if some scare me ....{sm2} ... concerning what goes on in that mind of yours!!!!!

---LaRRy

What a waste of talent to be taken away and never to be seen again. That’s the reality of war. Nice one Steve. Robin.

What a unique theme-perfect !

Thanks Mike, Got the idea whilst channel hopping and coming across a repeat / re-run of the 1970's documentary series, World at War and what I caught was on the Occupation of Holland.

Steve

Hey Steve,

if you ask me I’ll never get tired of saying that details make the difference! In all honesty, that writing on the wall looks so great!
{eek3} I'm not going to lie when I say that only a selective few have the knowledge to appreciate! :eek:

Cheers

Enrico

Thanks very much Enrico for the compliments. Always nice to hear
:salute::

Steve

Brilliant and creative setup Steve, you always surprise me! Congratulations!

Thank you Sentaapua. I never know what Ideas might pop into my head ^&grin

Steve

As I have mentioned before, a rather unique and different presentation.
A totally different look at WWII, not with fighting with guns, but fighting with WORDS.

I hope it was chalk that you used for the inscription or you are going to have to "repaint" the wall.

Always enjoy your creativity and ideas .... even if some scare me ....{sm2} ... concerning what goes on in that mind of yours!!!!!

---LaRRy

Thanks Larry
Only poster paint, which cleaned up non too badly. Just as well as I need that bit of wall clean for some German slogans.

Steve

What a waste of talent to be taken away and never to be seen again. That’s the reality of war. Nice one Steve. Robin.

Cheers Robin. Yes so many terrible things happened in a world gone crazy.
I guess this ordinary guy would probably been killed for this act of resistance.
I think there were a lot of Dutch communist resistance workers / fighters caught and killed in Holland / Netherlands.
Perhaps he may of been Jewish too. Since the Netherlands lost so many of their pre-war Jewish community. We all know about Anne Frank of course.
A World gone crazy indeed. Of course all this still happens in various forms, just on a smaller scale at present. What next, Climate wars, where some countries sink beneath the waves while others die because of lack of water :(

Steve

Users who are viewing this thread

Back