The imperial German army c1900 (1 Viewer)

majorsmith

Private
This really is the start of my toy soldier collection, my interest being the imperial German army circa 1900, i mainly paint wargames figures, this being a departure for me, so go easy on me! the figure is a Rose miniature, with some slight conversion work, an armband and beard made from 'greenstuff' he is an oberstabs artz or medical officer
DSC03637.jpg

DSC03636.jpg

Nice figure, you've made a good job of the paintwork. If your interest is Imperial German you should check out Tradition. They have an extensive range in both 54mm and larger scales. They also produced a 30mm range which included a set of Imperial German staff figures in full dress which are now handled by Tradition Scandinavia. Trooper

Hi Majorsmith - I'm a new boy too - there's lots of us about. You've chosen a nice one to start off your toy soldier collection - and to me, that looks a very good start. Welcome - jhnnybach

Nicely done, and welcome to the forum!

The Rose castings are excellent, and made for a wide variety of subjects, because of the different heads and arms that he used. I have a stash of Rose castings that I am slowly working through. The original owner had put together a collection of kits, with the goal of making a color party for each of the states making up the Empire. I'm trying to finish that work.

Tradition has some very good castings of the Imperial German Army, including mounted bandsmen, though I also hunt for old Stadden castings at shows and flea markets, and on eBay.

I'm looking forward to seeing more of your collection. The Imperial German Army is one of my favorite subjects in my own collection.

Prost!
Brad

Users who are viewing this thread

Back