The New Jersey Soldier Show and Sale Saturday November 6, 2021 (3 Viewers)

tdubel

Major
There will be a New Jersey Toy Soldier Show this November! While not as large as the Eastcoaster, there will be a show to hopefully fill the void this year so that we are all not waiting another year!

Details:

Saturday November 6, 2021

Location - Crowne Plaza Saddle Brook New Jersey - 50 Kenny Pl, Saddle Brook, NJ 07663

Time - 9AM - 3PM

Looking forward to seeing everyone!

Tom

Well, what do you expect? If there is no Hackensack, a promoter is going to step in. Me personally would rather have a show than not. I know you guys give Eddie a hard time, but at least he is trying and willing to put it together. I can tell you, I would want no business being a promoter, what a freaking hassle and headache. I think a lot of people don't know to appreciate that part of it. As I said, I want no parts of it, but am happy to attend. Shows at least give an outlet to find new items and revisit with old friends.

Also, I am just happy someone is willing to put out any shows, frankly it beats the alternative of waiting forever for something to show up on ebay or having periodic online only auctions which command some significant pricing plus buyer's premiums to find old stuff. All you have to do is look at recent sales at OTS - some records achieved!

TD

Well, what do you expect? If there is no Hackensack, a promoter is going to step in. Me personally would rather have a show than not. I know you guys give Eddie a hard time, but at least he is trying and willing to put it together. I can tell you, I would want no business being a promoter, what a freaking hassle and headache. I think a lot of people don't know to appreciate that part of it. As I said, I want no parts of it, but am happy to attend. Shows at least give an outlet to find new items and revisit with old friends.

Also, I am just happy someone is willing to put out any shows, frankly it beats the alternative of waiting forever for something to show up on ebay or having periodic online only auctions which command some significant pricing plus buyer's premiums to find old stuff. All you have to do is look at recent sales at OTS - some records achieved!

TD

Had a long talk with Eddie tonight, he was in rare form............had me rolling on the floor laughing, he made a crack about model trains and how they are "coming back"............then he said "they should bring back covered wagons too then"..................I was dying.

He missed his calling in life, stand up comedy for sure..............;)...............

Had a long talk with Eddie tonight, he was in rare form............had me rolling on the floor laughing, he made a crack about model trains and how they are "coming back"............then he said "they should bring back covered wagons too then"..................I was dying.

He missed his calling in life, stand up comedy for sure..............;)...............

I know, he has some interesting views! I will give Eddie one thing, the man loves to pack/unload and sell goods. I don't know how he continuously does it, he does all kind of shows, auctions, etc all week long. I hope I still have that much energy in 30 years.

In all seriousness, I know what you guys are saying.

Sadly, promoting a show in NJ/NY area is a tough nut to crack right now. You would think there would be a lot of available space, unfortunately, there is not a lot with tables. The other thing that is tough is that apparently local area Churches rent out Hotel space for year(s) at a time for Sunday. Apparently alot of them do not operate out of a traditional Church as we know it. I get a hotel taking that contract - guaranteed Sunday money, it makes sense.

Anyhow, I will be there with Connoisseur figures, both Aeroart and Artisan type as well as a few oddities from my own collection.

Hopefully collectors stop by and check it out. I am sure the admission is $5 or $6.

Tom

You fellas on the East Coast should thank your lucky stars with the shows that are offered each year, we here on the opposite side get the West Coaster once a year.....I only wish we had the opportunity of shows that are offered every few months!!

I know, he has some interesting views! I will give Eddie one thing, the man loves to pack/unload and sell goods. I don't know how he continuously does it, he does all kind of shows, auctions, etc all week long. I hope I still have that much energy in 30 years.

In all seriousness, I know what you guys are saying.

Sadly, promoting a show in NJ/NY area is a tough nut to crack right now. You would think there would be a lot of available space, unfortunately, there is not a lot with tables. The other thing that is tough is that apparently local area Churches rent out Hotel space for year(s) at a time for Sunday. Apparently alot of them do not operate out of a traditional Church as we know it. I get a hotel taking that contract - guaranteed Sunday money, it makes sense.

Anyhow, I will be there with Connoisseur figures, both Aeroart and Artisan type as well as a few oddities from my own collection.

Hopefully collectors stop by and check it out. I am sure the admission is $5 or $6.

Tom

His theory is if he stopped moving, he'd go face down into one of his dollar store frozen dinners........................;)..........

When I'm 81, if I'm doing flea markets 5 days a week, toy soldier/model kit/toy and train/book/militaria/doll/wargaming shows every weekend, do me a solid and put a pillow over my face now, TIA.............................:wink2:

His theory is if he stopped moving, he'd go face down into one of his dollar store frozen dinners........................;)..........

When I'm 81, if I'm doing flea markets 5 days a week, toy soldier/model kit/toy and train/book/militaria/doll/wargaming shows every weekend, do me a solid and put a pillow over my face now, TIA.............................:wink2:

All honesty, his theory isn't a bad one! My Grandad who you know made it to 98, had a similar notion, he got up everyday and walked to an old time counter restaurant and had breakfast. When I would call him, his first words were usually I am still kickin!

TD

Hobby Bunker is attending. Who would miss a great show run by the Guru "Fast Eddie!"

I will be bringing as much as I can. Lost of new plastics, some Paragon Foam we just made, our bargain singles and odds and ends, all the latest W.Britains, T.Gunn, K&C and Jenkins. I will also have some stuff from various collections I have picked up. Always something to find at the Bunker or Eddie's "pil-o-soldiers and books."

Eddie, Tom, Thor, The Jones Boys, Fast Eddie and the usual suspects...sounds like fun.
I think the bar is open Friday night. Cut a straw hole in your mask, Tom and I will be there telling war stories of the days of old{sm4}

Reminder - 1 week til the Show! It may not be Hackensack, but always happy its a show and it is at an easy to find and nice Venue. Will have a good deal of St. Petersburg and Connoisseur models to choose from, many one off artisan pieces as well as a good bit of Retired Makers including some nice Trophy and Ron Wall. Also, will have some retired sets from K&C and a few other usual suspects! I will have a unique Nile Boat made by Wagons of Wood/Windows of the World populated with Steadfast and a few older glossy figures with me this time.

Anyhow, looking forward to seeing everybody who comes out Next Saturday!
Tom

Thanks Brad! That's too bad, but that might explain the dearth of posts about it since it was held.

Prost!
Brad

Brad, I suppose I was naive for hoping that, in the absence of the Hackensack Show, it would be better than it was but there couldn’t have been more than 20 dealers. It was moderately busy when I was there but the lack of sellers was mildly frustrating.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back