the past 2014 and new 2015!! (1 Viewer)

Punic Wars.....would love to see FL do some elephants....
Conquistadores VS Aztecs, Mayans, Incas......very colorful.
Thirty Years War....pike and muskets......French, German, Swedes, and most other European States.

Hi all,

Well 2014 is coming to a close in just a few short weeks so thought I would take a quick look at what First legion bestowed upon us in 2014, mind you I'm sure I forgot some sets, ranges, but just looking back at some newsletters,

New British Naps, American Indians, WWI French, Germans, Stalingrad, German Paras (FJs) and I'm sure I'm leaving other sets that I just can't remember, either way 2014 was a fabulous year for most all ranges and the new ranges continue to be a hit with each new release, also with Matt/Constantine hitting the shores of Italy for the world model show back in July was a big success as the modeling world seemed to accept that metal 1:30th soldiers are pretty bad *** as well, at least that's how it came across to me from the comments made at the show reviews, the other main shows (London, West Coaster, Chicago) also seemd to have a really good buzz about the First legion brand and what it has to offer now and in the future, so all in all I think 2014 was a great year for being a First legion collector, and when one door closes another door opens up as in 2015!!! so I aked you fellow collectors what do you want/hope/desire to see in 2015??

Of course I'm going with WWII armour, we know a US Sherman is coming and we saw a newsletter with a German Hanomag so I would love to see the work horse of the German Armie a Mark IV, and or a Tiger, Panther, Normandy artillery pieces for both sides, a US Willy Jeep, Kubelwagon (wow, starting to put a John list together):smile2: no shirtless Italians please:) but I would like to see (among many others) the release of our WWII brethern in arms...some UK Paras or regular infantry, hmmm..are we forgetting anything?? please join in, even though matt/Constantine have brillant ideas they both read Treefrog and you never know if one of our ideas catches their eye and becomes reality, so Thanks again First legion for 2014 and looking forward to 2015!!...Sammy

Well, where to start??? we members here posted many ideas in this thread back in 2014 and we were lucky to see many ideas come to fruition!!! but before I started this reply I had to go back and relive 2015 for a refresher course and man when you go back and look at all the new product that was released in 2015 it's mind blowing!!!!!!!! just a quick sampling

ALL NEW

WWI range, Wild West, Anglo Zulu, also every range had new product added to their existing line, be it WWII, Naps, (the Russian retreat being a show stopper) Civil War (with new cannon/loaders) Rome, AWI, Crusaders...I'm sure I left some items out but that's off the top of my head, needless to say I believe we First legion collectors are a tad impatient (me being the worst) with new product, newsletters etc. as you can clearly see what First legion has put out over this past year is truly remarkable!!!!

As for me personally on WWII I guessed the Panzer IV correct, and the Willy Jeep!! not to bad, no Tiger, Panther but the Halftracks, IVs more then made up for it, as well as the new fighting Stalingrad sets, the U.S. 4th Infantry, Sherman tanks all were some awesome additions to WWII. a little disappointed that no Brits/Paras were added, but then again we still have at least one more newsletter to come I would think and being that there is 2 months left to 2015 one never knows how the year will end???

ok fellas, the fun part... we had some great suggestions/guesses last year what do you think we will see in 2016???

my hopes is of course based on WWII...the infamous Tiger/Panther is always going to be a request until we get it!! also hoping that First legion revisits the WWII Winter sets, to me they are some of the best done to date, anything done for Normandy and hoping we get that first piece of camo armor to go with the 17 SS, and FJs, a U.S. tank destroyer wouldn't hurt my feelings either, anyway guys 2015 was truly a great year for we First legion collectors and for First legion as a company I believe, so any thoughts on 2016?? you never know who may be reading and thinking "hey' that's a great idea!!" :):):) Sammy

Hi Sammy,

I like your post and really do enjoy your enthusiasm for the FL figures :smile2:
They are well worth it :wink2:

As far as 2016 goes, I do believe I'm already set.
Since I went to the Chicago Show last September, I saw the master figures of not only one range I like but 3 "THREE" :smile2:

The Polish Winged Hussars are coming out (8 mounted figures) with opposing Turkish troops.
I plan to get those all.

For the French and Indian War collector they showed some wonderful masters of Woodland Indians at Camp and a nice Canoe set. In addition, Matt told me that accessories for the FIW camp scenes are planned, i.e. Tepees and camp accessories.
Yes, I plan to get those all.

Last, but not least, when the masters were displayed, there was a set of dueling Musketeers, which was quite amazing.
Not sure if they start a new range or how they fit in with all the offers.
Not saying that I get them all right now, but I sure will have a close watch on what's coming up on that subject.

So, making a total of the above, I think I'm done for 2016 :wink2: :smile2:

As for you, I sure hope you get your fair share of WWII items, but have a feeling that you don't have to worry about it ^&grin

Happy Collecting!

Konrad

Hi Sammy,

I like your post and really do enjoy your enthusiasm for the FL figures :smile2:
They are well worth it :wink2:

As far as 2016 goes, I do believe I'm already set.
Since I went to the Chicago Show last September, I saw the master figures of not only one range I like but 3 "THREE" :smile2:

The Polish Winged Hussars are coming out (8 mounted figures) with opposing Turkish troops.
I plan to get those all.

For the French and Indian War collector they showed some wonderful masters of Woodland Indians at Camp and a nice Canoe set. In addition, Matt told me that accessories for the FIW camp scenes are planned, i.e. Tepees and camp accessories.
Yes, I plan to get those all.

Last, but not least, when the masters were displayed, there was a set of dueling Musketeers, which was quite amazing.
Not sure if they start a new range or how they fit in with all the offers.
Not saying that I get them all right now, but I sure will have a close watch on what's coming up on that subject.

So, making a total of the above, I think I'm done for 2016 :wink2: :smile2:

As for you, I sure hope you get your fair share of WWII items, but have a feeling that you don't have to worry about it ^&grin

Happy Collecting!

Konrad

I had forgotten all about the new Chicago product, the new product you mentioned Konrad has a lot to offer many collectors, I won't be in line for the Winged Hussars but surely wish I had the coin to collect them as they look fantastic!!! also forgot to mention the U.S. Patton master tank that was shown in Chicago, you sound like you have a lot to look forward to in 2016 to as well Konrad, and hoping that we can meet up in Chicago (come Hell or high water..not to high though ":) here's to 2016 tinggggg!!!...Sammy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back