The Pillars Of The Earth... (1 Viewer)

I've heard some very good things about this show.Now Starz is starting to put out some good originals.HBO and Showstime look out.:)
Mark

Mark...you're right...

this "tune in next week quality series" trend in the Premium networks seems to have really caught on over the years and is spreading to other networks...I enjoy most of them...but always follow...

Entourage...True Blood and Hung...all HBO's...

sad to see Blood and Sand not come back...

and the Sopranos...

and especially Deadwood...probably the best Western I have ever seen...

I watch True Blood,Loved the Sopranos,Loved Deadwood the first season.Also like Dexter and Weeds.Spartacus is not coming back?
Mark

This books still sells a ton of copies. Hopefully they do a decent job and don't hold back on the story.

So far, so bad. I couldn't make it through the first two episodes without the FF button.

I don't think it was bad.I'll give it a shot.The action will pick up in the later episodes.
Mark

No one mentioned Showtime's The Tudors. I really enjoyed it. Extremely well done and acted. I hadn't heard Spatacus was not coming back. I know the lead actor had health issues. This must be the reason. -- Al

No one mentioned Showtime's The Tudors. I really enjoyed it. Extremely well done and acted. I hadn't heard Spatacus was not coming back. I know the lead actor had health issues. This must be the reason. -- Al

Yep the Tudors is great and i agree pity about "Spartacus" by #### of Jupiter.........:DThis new show looks good and you gotta love "Sooky"....:)

This looks promising...great cast...premiers July 23rd on Starz...

http://www.the-pillars-of-the-earth.tv/

http://www.starz.com/originals/ThePillarsOfTheEarth/PILLARSOFTHEEARTHTHE_110

I have always like Ian McShane...he made Deadwood soooooooooooo good...

I watched the first episode and was glued to my seat...(I was assembling some castings at the time and got distracted, so I almost WAS glued to my seat). Anyway...have the machine set to tape all the remaining episodes (just in case).

I thought they took a lot of time to establish really strong characters. The production values are high, and the acting first rate. I'd give it two thumbs up, except that my thumb and index fingers are still glued together. :)

I watched the first episode and was glued to my seat...(I was assembling some castings at the time and got distracted, so I almost WAS glued to my seat). Anyway...have the machine set to tape all the remaining episodes (just in case).

I thought they took a lot of time to establish really strong characters. The production values are high, and the acting first rate. I'd give it two thumbs up, except that my thumb and index fingers are still glued together. :)

I agree I rather enjoyed the1st 2 episodes.

Just watched 3 episodes this show is Brilliant for the Aussies amongst us i HIGHLY recommend downloading it off the net,wont get here for ages.

I put the series on my NETFLIX queue were it will wait until the day after someday. I don't enjoy movies on my desk top, but that's me. Screen too small and no comfy chair.

Watched the last episode on my DVR. So far I'm still hooked. Its amazing what power the church had during that era.

Watching the DVDs from NETFLIX. Pretty good. I read the Wikipedia entries for the book and the movie to get the differences.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back