The rise and fall of great ideas. (2 Viewers)

Simpson & his donkey.

Sergeant Major
How many of you have put in great ideas to have them not come to much.I have read so many threads on wants and dislikes that a whole new toy soldier company could start up and start producing these and make quite alot of money.K&C have been listening as I have seen many things on the wish list come to life.But the wait seems to be killing some of you.Well I for one can wait as sometimes the wait is better than the purchase.I am saying this as I have no money left for the rest of the year to spend on soldiers or tanks.So with a bit of compassion stop wishing because K&C will get there one day and I won't have any bloody money to buy any of them.But listen we really need Russian armour and we need it now.I have a covert operation going on with secret tank money and spys working for me to smuggle toy soldiers into my house.I will be acting soon and will be sending my spys deep into my local K&C dealers shop and not even he will no.Have to go now SHE is coming with my medication.I really like the green ones best.Simmo.:confused:

i think the reason king & country have not produced many russian tanks or figures is that they are not big sellers and if you cant sell a good amount of them why make them to begin with,just my opinion.

i think the reason king & country have not produced many russian tanks or figures is that they are not big sellers and if you cant sell a good amount of them why make them to begin with,just my opinion.

That is why your team in the NRL is doing so bad .Just ask Parramatta about your coach.Think a head think outside of the square.Russian armour a must wash your mouth out .But on a good note hi good to talk to you.I am a trouble maker so don't listen to anything I say .You maybe right but you have to try.Remember who won QUEENSLANDER.Simmo.:p

hi simmo,youre probably right about the knights when andrew jonhs retired the wheels fell off,but he was carrying them anyway,its going to take years to build up a better side,anyway i always go for queensland in the s of o.about the russian armour i dont think it looks near as good as the german ,and they had no flair for camo,but then again they didnt need it as the outnumbered the germans in 1945 by 3 to 1 at least.

Yes you are right Brisbane bronco's are a great team and Russian armour is a must.It just may take alittle time untill Andy brings more out but out he will bring.I will be hiding money for nothing if there is no Russian armour.Simmo.

i was spending a fair bit of money on model soldiers but i sold all my k &c to help finance my harley i bought last year,now i only buy the ones that really appeal to me like the upcoming halftrack.

I am saying this as I have no money left for the rest of the year to spend on soldiers or tanks.Simmo.:confused:

Ha.....Same here Simmo...!!! I went overboard on K&C UK's TRL and can't afford anything else until the new Crimean releases in December.
Having said that, I reckon I can just about squeeze in the following when I hit HK at the end of this month;
IC33
IC34
IC06
CF17
CF18
A somewhat miserable shopping list compared to earlier occasions this year and last - but the Missus needs to eat, have clothes on her back and a roof over her head.

H

Ha.....Same here Simmo...!!! I went overboard on K&C UK's TRL and can't afford anything else until the new Crimean releases in December.
Having said that, I reckon I can just about squeeze in the following when I hit HK at the end of this month;
IC33
IC34
IC06
CF17
CF18
A somewhat miserable shopping list compared to earlier occasions this year and last - but the Missus needs to eat, have clothes on her back and a roof over her head.

H

But i bet your TRL look good don't they H,havn't started on these yet but they sure look cool.

Rob

IC33
IC34
IC06

CF17
CF18

H

Its been an expensive year:D
I'm Targeting the older sets at $89 now, as in the words of Andy

"New kid-on-the-block FIGARTI out of Shanghai have made a big leap of improvement in their figures compared to the previous year. I particularly liked their Japanese Tank - it will be interesting to compare it to our own (coming out with the new Iwo Jima sets in Jan/Feb 2005). I saw their woodland Indians also (adapted from Jack Updike's Minimen figures) - OK quality but pricey - US$120 for 4!"

:D:D It was Nov 2004 dispatches:D

Older Sets are the new BLACK ! (as my wife would say :p )

I really think that is the big value now when it comes to toy soldier expenditures. Older K&C Sets on the market - offer a big cost savings for those who look to cut corners and with all the things coming out now - they should be around for awhile.

The older sets also gets everyone a chance to look at what you have and perhaps go back and pick some up while saving $$$ compared to the current retail price. But, be careful not to start another K&C Range :rolleyes:

Spot on Ron look at what great value the US M12 howitzer is with 5 figures!
I'm absolutely getting that one.

But, be careful not to start another K&C Range :rolleyes:

Truer words were never spoken, Ron. :eek:

It has been roughly a year since I started this hobby planning only to buy K&C Naps and Crusaders. As I ran across recommendations for others on the thread I quickly found myself knee deep in JJD Battle on Snowshoes, Conte Civil War vignettes and WWII Battle of the Bulge. I battle the urge to spread out as best I can but it can be tough.

So, as Ron said - be careful not to start ANY other ranges. :D

Eric

Nice to hear from you, Simmo! I agree that letting sleeping Andy's lie is a good idea, as it is nigh on impossible to keep up with the wonderful new releases - and Kursk would be cool:cool: . . . don't understand the references to obscure sporting events though:D:p;)

Truer words were never spoken, Ron. :eek:

It has been roughly a year since I started this hobby planning only to buy K&C Naps and Crusaders. As I ran across recommendations for others on the thread I quickly found myself knee deep in JJD Battle on Snowshoes, Conte Civil War vignettes and WWII Battle of the Bulge. I battle the urge to spread out as best I can but it can be tough.

So, as Ron said - be careful not to start ANY other ranges. :D

Eric

Eric

I have found that those WWII figures keep calling my name - in my sleep - when I eat - at the office :eek: :eek: :eek:

Its very tough to avoid the "DarK Side" :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back