Third new word game (2 Viewers)

Bailen, 19 July 1808, a humiliating defeat of Dupont's French army in Spain that caused Napoleon to take personal command of the Spanish invasion until the capture of Madrid.

Iuka, 19 September 1862, Grant's failed effort to trap one part of the divided Confederate force moving to attack Cornith.

I went with the alterate spelling of Ilium.;)

Mulcahy, Brig.Gen. Francis - CO of 2nd Marine Air Wing & Cactus Airforce

Landais, originally a semi-wild pony in parts of France, faced extinction after WWII, and is now primarily used as a riding pony for children.

I went with the alterate spelling of Ilium.;)

Hehe, at first I thought you might have posted before I edited my post. I put Ilium first, but changed it because I didn't think there was an iu word (plus there wasn't another vowel after...I guess it could have been an im word next, but why complicate things?) then consulted my Herodotus and found another name for Troy. But it was moot...who knew there were/are so many strange names? :D

Napoleon, cheeky little French bugger that styled himself an Emperor.:D

...then consulted my Herodotus and found another name for Troy. But it was moot...who knew there were/are so many strange names?

You can't go wrong with Herodotus and yes strange indeed, especially for Tennessee.:eek::D

Ndebele people: African tribes located in South Africa and Zimbabwe

Aymar de Bois-Maury, knight featured in the 'Towers of Bois-Maury' comics depicting life in the 11th century in a rather realistic way.

Raclawice, 4 April 1794, a Polish victory over the Russians in the first action of the Polish rebellion.

Neisse, 23 February 1807 - 16 June 1807, a Wurttemberg led seige and capture of a Prussian fortress in Silesia (Poland).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back