This is Sparta! Or is it? (1 Viewer)

Iron Duke

Private 2
I bought one of the recent ''Greek Hoplites'' and was wondering to which city state he belonged to. Does anyone know?^&confuse

001.JPG

I think the Greek hoplite that you have provided in the photo , based on his shield emblem could have come from the city of Athens. ^&grin

Mate I know zero about Greek anything, but I did a search on the shield and it's suppose to be from the ''ATTICA AND ATHENIAN CLAN OF ALCMEONIDS'' what ever that means.
Hope that helps, but like I said I know nothing. ^&confuse{sm2}
Wayne.

Attachments

• ArchaeoSysGkHopliteShieldA.jpg
    ArchaeoSysGkHopliteShieldA.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 254
  • AG005.jpg
    AG005.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 260
Thanks Wayne, I know a little more about this figures history. I'll research that ''regiment'' I guess you could call it. The Isle of Man's flag has a similar design on it. It means that whichever the wind blows it, it will land on it's feet. Could be similar, and yet that doesn't tell us where he comes from!

Thanks Wayne, I know a little more about this figures history. I'll research that ''regiment'' I guess you could call it. The Isle of Man's flag has a similar design on it. It means that whichever the wind blows it, it will land on it's feet. Could be similar, and yet that doesn't tell us where he comes from!

The symbol is the Triskelion or three leg in greek...It is from the Greek City State of Athens...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back