Thoughts on Pirates (2 Viewers)

I think so far from the production pictures they all look really nice but the price point is a turn off for me. Id just prefer to spend that kind of money on other FL figures. I think the Blackbeard will be wildly popular and probably the first to sell out. I look forward to some of the collectors here posting pics of the Pirates fighting the FL redcoats in dioramas.

I think the pirate ship if done will be fantastic but I hate to see the price. {eek3}
Mark

Im sure Matt will come up with a brilliant way to fund a Pirate ship- it would be stunning for sure. I know I thought the Persian war elephant was going to be astronomical price-wise but it was reasonable given everything it came with.

Kickstarter is an obvious alternative.

I think so far from the production pictures they all look really nice but the price point is a turn off for me. Id just prefer to spend that kind of money on other FL figures. I think the Blackbeard will be wildly popular and probably the first to sell out. I look forward to some of the collectors here posting pics of the Pirates fighting the FL redcoats in dioramas.

I agree. Fantastic figures. The price is too high even in this hyperinflation economy. It will probably still be popular and sell well, though. So I don't begrudge FL for the price. I can't imagine anyone other than Bill Gates affording a pirate ship if each individual figure is $100.

I agree. Fantastic figures. The price is too high even in this hyperinflation economy. It will probably still be popular and sell well, though. So I don't begrudge FL for the price. I can't imagine anyone other than Bill Gates affording a pirate ship if each individual figure is $100.

The elephant was in the $900 range. A pirate ship is more complex than a Viking ship at $1,700.
Back of the napkin estimate at $2,500 to $3,500!

Another option would be to make it modular sort of like The Collectors Showcase did with their U Boat. FL could offer the entire craft or certain modular pieces that the collector can pick up as their budget or interest permits.

The elephant was in the $900 range. A pirate ship is more complex than a Viking ship at $1,700.

$2K is probably a safe bet. Moreover, it will probably be big. It may not make sense to make one, except on some subscription basis.

$2K is probably a safe bet. Moreover, it will probably be big. It may not make sense to make one, except on some subscription basis.
A pirate ship would of course be very interesting and worth the price! But not every ship that is laid on keel also heads to the high sea. I've waited years in vain for the promised Western City buildings and the gate section of Acre. So let's wait and have a bottle of rum!

Sam

A pirate ship would of course be very interesting and worth the price! But not every ship that is laid on keel also heads to the high sea. I've waited years in vain for the promised Western City buildings and the gate section of Acre. So let's wait and have a bottle of rum!

Sam

The gate section of Acre...yes, that will be amazing!

I remember Conte having a prototype but said the biggest hurdle would be shipping. I would hate to have to rig one.
Mark

Actually we've been researching how to do this in a way that matches our quality and aesthetic without just bankrupting people. It's a challenge for sure. So for the short term, we will continue to expand on the figures - a new batch of pirates plus the gun and crew are already sculpted now (or finishing sculpting) and we'll sort the ship a bit later. But a ship is just a must have for this series, it's just in 1/30th it's HUGE. We could mess about with a small cross section i suppose. But it's not the same. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back