Thoughts on Pirates (1 Viewer)

Parents could not afford it in 1988. Purchased three of them when I was able to do so (later versions)!

That’s cool! Playmobil has had multiple releases of this ship over the years with many more spruced up versions… They also made a some other pirate ships including a couple that were more Galleon-looking and larger than the original ship. Personally, I like their little “schooner” ship which came out around the same time as the original pirate ship. I didn’t get the original in the late ‘80s-early ‘90s, but did get the re-release over a decade ago. It is a pretty little vessel… Playmobil always designed good boats and ships.

IMG-1150.jpg

But I’m digressing from the subject of this thread while I reminisce on well made kids toys 🤣

That Playmobil Pirate Ship was my Christmas present in 1988… Certainly one of the best presents I ever got as a kid and I still have it in perfect shape 😎
Hey Tman, me as well in the early 80s. I still have mine as well. Refreshed it several years ago.
attachment.php

I also purchased the re-released schooner. How about that?

Last edited:
My personal favorite is the original Barzso Treasure Island Pirate ship (Not the later small schooner), this ship is an excellent display piece for metal figures. Ron painted it quite well IMO, the only pain is the sails. Anyhow, I am sure FL's will be something should it be made.
TD

While I'm not in for the Pirates line, I have collected all the Vikings so far. With the preview of the upcoming Jarl and the rest of the new Vikings who seem to be at the Jarl's side, I am hopeful we may see something that might look like a Viking longhouse. Of course, that would be a large model so I am interested to see what solutions FL comes up with for the Pirate ship as it might be indicative of what they might do for Vikings fans. Even if it's a cross section of a long house that would be cool- we don't need a full on longhouse.

While I'm not in for the Pirates line, I have collected all the Vikings so far. With the preview of the upcoming Jarl and the rest of the new Vikings who seem to be at the Jarl's side, I am hopeful we may see something that might look like a Viking longhouse. Of course, that would be a large model so I am interested to see what solutions FL comes up with for the Pirate ship as it might be indicative of what they might do for Vikings fans. Even if it's a cross section of a long house that would be cool- we don't need a full on longhouse.

I'll second the long house!

We also need some Saxons for the Vikings to fight!

I think a pirate ship is a nice idea for sure, but I'd actually rather see a Viking ship done the FL way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back