Tiger MK II (1 Viewer)

King & Country

1st Lieutenant
Hi Guys,

One of the advantages of taking part in an event like last weekend’s “K&C IN SINGAPORE” is you get to hear what collectors like... what they don’t like... and what they suggest going forward.

From that event and from the comments afterward on Forums such as this one we had several excellent suggestions and advice which I am happy to accept when it makes the product better...

On the new, upcoming “Winter Wittmann Tiger”... I totally agree it needed much more of a ‘snow-camouflaged’ look... And that we have done. Here are some pix to show you... Compare them to the ‘Event Tiger’.

Similarly we also fixed the ‘Waffenfarbe’ on the Panzer Grenadiers epaulettes... Now, green instead of pink... as they should be. Thank you for the advice...

As mentioned previously, Wittmann’s crew have also had a ‘face lift’... no longer ‘red faces’ I’m happy to say.

Thanks again and best wishes,
Andy

_DSC0410_resize.jpg

_DSC0403-1_resize.jpg

_DSC0408-1_resize.jpg

Very nice the opening doors, but in 1944 there were no more smoke throwers on the tigers.

_DSC0410_resize.jpg

Very nice the opening doors, but in 1944 there were no more smoke throwers on the tigers.

Sorry Poppo...You're wrong!
The photos of Wittmann's early production Tiger 1 clearly show smoke 'mortars' on the side of the turret.
Andy.

Wow. That’s a fantastic looking Tiger. Andy, what a great job. On my list.

Sorry Poppo...You're wrong!
The photos of Wittmann's early production Tiger 1 clearly show smoke 'mortars' on the side of the turret.
Andy.

That is what I said. So this is Wittmann in Russia with an early production tiger.

That is what I said. So this is Wittmann in Russia with an early production tiger.

Yes Poppo, you did indeed say '1944'...But obviously as stated and as the photos clearly show...

This is indeed an early production Tiger 1...So what was the point of talking about smoke mortars in 1944..?

I don't recall saying anywhere that this was a late war Tiger... Of course I could be mistaken...
Thanks for your interest, Andy.

Like the tank, as for type, it does look like an early version to me, the S mines on the tank were an early piece of equipment, but there were 5 on the first types of this vehicle, 1 each corner and 1 in the middle left hand side, then this was removed in later versions. I noticed there are only 2 on this vehicle.
There are pics of this tank around, I think this kit is based on the vehicle pictures in Gary L Simpsons book TIGER ACE, the pictures are in the glossy pages between page 96 and 97. they are from the front of the tank and it is impossible to see the desk of the tank as the crew are sat and stood around the front [this looks like the crew in the set, minus the TRUMP tan].

However, where is the headlights? Plus there should be more S mine canisters on the tank. I agree the smoke grenades are correct

Note it does state 'winter tiger' and is an early version. It cannot be a 'Wittmann winter 1944 tank' as Wittmann died at 12.47 8th August 1944, if you look at the accounts of the Normandy Yomanery and the Firefly engagement which saw the destruction of 3 Tiger 1s.

This Wittmann Tiger was used in Russia in 1943. Wittmann himself was awarded for his actions while using this
Tiger S04 in January 1944, making this a 1943 version. Command Tanks usually received the smoke dischargers
first before other tanks in the unit, while others used them if there were still some dischargers available after the
command Tanks got theirs. Looking forward to getting this Tank & crew. Hopefully available before Christmas.
This will be the gift to myself item ! :wink2:

Wayne

Attachments

• Wittmann Tiger 1.jpg
    Wittmann Tiger 1.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 556
Believe I built one of these in 1970::eek:

Tamiya%20DTW111-1498%20TigerI0.JPG

-Moe

Hi Andy,

Will these 4 tank crew will be available with the new tank ?

Thanks
Serge. :)

Attachments

• A324DF13-C3BF-4EC4-8AC6-8F639CD05B50.jpeg
    A324DF13-C3BF-4EC4-8AC6-8F639CD05B50.jpeg
    274 KB · Views: 499
King Tiger II,

Those figures will no doubt be available when the new Tiger gets released, most likely sold separately.

Wayne

Hi Andy,

Thanks

King Tiger II,

Those figures will no doubt be available when the new Tiger gets released, most likely sold separately.

Wayne

Maybe it is just me, :rolleyes2: but when I first saw these figures my first thought was of the DRAMATIC scene in the 1965 movie .. "BATTLE OF THE BULGE" when Col. Hessler is standing in the bunker trying to decide if the German plan was possible. Behind him were all the young Panzer commanders.

One of the "boys" suddendly breaks into the Panzerlied song.

See: https://www.bing.com/videos/search?...3BA685BEBF788E7F11EF3BA685BEBF788E7&FORM=VIRE

What a great diorama that would make, with three of for sets of these and Hessler and the music playing in the background.

Just sayin'

--- LaRRy

PS: Another movie tie in?????

Hi Andy,

Thanks

Hi Serge,
Many thanks for your question...Jochen Peiper, Michel Wittmann and the rest of MW's tank crew will be available as a special 6-figure set to accompany the new Tiger.
Also, the 'reddish' hue of the 4x guys in the Singapore pic has already been altered to a much more natural look I am happy to say...
Best wishes and thanks once more to all you guys for your enthusiasm for this new 'Big Cat'!
Andy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back