Timpo favorites? (4 Viewers)

Asterix

Private 2
Way back in the early 1960's I somehow obtained some Timpo 54mm plastics. They've all disappeared now, but I do remember favorites. The Cossacks - especially one throwing overhead a small barrel - was one. A few French Napoleonic Old Guard (?) were pretty cool.

Any favorites of yours to add here?

I loved the British paratroopers in the red berets. They were favorite toys of mine. Also I always wanted Timpo's French Foreign Legionaires, however, they were not sold in the States, or that is what parents told me. LOL.
Benjamin

Way back in the early 1960's I somehow obtained some Timpo 54mm plastics. They've all disappeared now, but I do remember favorites. The Cossacks - especially one throwing overhead a small barrel - was one. A few French Napoleonic Old Guard (?) were pretty cool.

Any favorites of yours to add here?

Here are my TIMPO Napoleonic ..... old photos, sorry,

timpo4.jpg
British

timpo2.jpg
Scottish

timpo1.jpg
Prussian

timpo3.jpg
French

John

Self-painted?

Yes, I painted them about 20 years ago, and still have them in my collection. they look a bit 'out of place' with my current NAPs which are much more detailed and in matte, but they are still there, with my AIRFIX NAPs from the 1960's that I painted as a kid :)

John

I like it.
The first time I saw painted Timpo figures, I knew that there were the monochrome figures but never had them on the screen.
I grew up with Timpo and for me changing hats, heads and weapons is part of it.

Regards

Günther

I had Union and Confederate troops and some Knights. The Knights are long gone but I still have many of the ACW troops, although they have all been repainted when I was a kid. My favorites were the ACW cavalry, of which I also have several survivors. -- Al

Thanks for those photos Obee. Ah yes, I distinctly remember that Napoleonic Old Guard (?) officer fiercely slashing with his sword.

I also remember how easily some of the painting came off those figures {sm4}.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back