Toy Army Workshop One of A Kind Diorama (1 Viewer)

tdubel

Major
I had the good fortune to find this masterpiece, however, everything comes with a catch! Unfortunately 25 years ago when it was shipped from England, it endured a rough journey. My Step Dad who is a train modeler has offered to work with me to rejuvenate it. SO, here it is in raw format and fuzzy photos, but it will be a fun project. I have never seen anything like it, it is a large trench display. Original retail - 400 GBP. Most figures are off it and will need TLC but I think it is near 15 figures and of course you can add tanks, etc. It is about 4 -5 feet long. But it is a beginning.

20200807_131325.jpg20200807_131331.jpg

Louis,

I will be looking forward to see this set come back to it's former glory,

please keep posting progress images,

John

Louis,

I have seen another big TAW diorama in a catalogue ....

TAW BS705.jpg

There are also smaller ones like the trenches, and also gun and mortar emplacements.

Very nice :)

John

Louis,

I will be looking forward to see this set come back to it's former glory,

please keep posting progress images,

John

John,

This one is Tom's diorama, I was just admiring it. The other diorama you posted is spectacular! Is it still available?

Regards,

Louis

John,

This one is Tom's diorama, I was just admiring it. The other diorama you posted is spectacular! Is it still available?

Regards,

Louis

Oops, my mistake, I thought it was was yours, so Tom, please post progress pics :)

As far as being still available, you would have to check with Abram Simon in NZ and he's on the Forum as FleurbaixToySoldiers

John[h=1][/h]

Some more background, Toy Army was Graham Pettit who unfortunately passed away about 2 years ago now. Graham sold the figures and some of the moulds to New Zealand. No vehicles, no diorama. Long story short, the dios were all of Grahams creations, so they were always unique, the one from the catalog was a trench that he did do on a more catalog basis and Tommy Atkins commissioned one of them - Over The Top that they sold I think about 400 or so over the years, I think it is now sold out.

This diorama from what I have been able to find out was purchased at a London Show in the 90s by an American who lived there for many years because of his job. He eventually moved back to the US. This was one of his last purchases as his move coincided with a show. Graham crated it up in a footlocker for shipping. Unfortunately, it was a rough journey, but the core of the dio is fully intact. Figures will go back in easily, need touchup. Main work will be on the trench top and paint. Not too bad really but of course it needs a rejuvenation!

End of day, I hope it is a nice centerpiece where I can put some vehicles, etc.

Tom

A few more of the great work that was done by TAW...

Attachments

• TAW pic 2 trench (357 x 260).jpg
    TAW pic 2 trench (357 x 260).jpg
    36 KB · Views: 229
  • TAW pic 3 trench (326 x 227).jpg
    TAW pic 3 trench (326 x 227).jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 232
  • TAW pic 4 trench (296 x 227).jpg
    TAW pic 4 trench (296 x 227).jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 238
  • TAW pic 5 trench (311 x 238).jpg
    TAW pic 5 trench (311 x 238).jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 238
  • TAW pic 6 trench (344 x 285).jpg
    TAW pic 6 trench (344 x 285).jpg
    42 KB · Views: 238
A few more samples...too bad they are no longer around and I have not seen then at any fair or auction....

Attachments

• TAW pic 1 trench (397 x 286).jpg
    TAW pic 1 trench (397 x 286).jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 206
  • TAW pic 1 gun emplacement (417 x 250).jpg
    TAW pic 1 gun emplacement (417 x 250).jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 205
A few more samples...too bad they are no longer around and I have not seen then at any fair or auction....

Yep, these are the ones. The trench section as I said in one version - Over the Top was done for Tommy Atkins and sold for a bit, the TAW ones I have actually seen few and far between. I think even the catalog ones were special order.

Truly unique and honestly, the large one I now have, I have never seen. The foot locker even contained Graham's original invoice - no stock number - just says Toy Soldier Diorama.

Tom

Tom,

Inspired by your acquisition, I just bought this excellent Toy Army Workshop Peerless Recovery Vehicle:

Attachments

• 1 Toy Army Workshop Peerless 1 (2).jpg
    1 Toy Army Workshop Peerless 1 (2).jpg
    415.7 KB · Views: 197
  • 1 Toy Army Workshop Peerless 2 (2).jpg
    1 Toy Army Workshop Peerless 2 (2).jpg
    201.1 KB · Views: 232
  • 1 Toy Army Workshop Peerless 3 (2).jpg
    1 Toy Army Workshop Peerless 3 (2).jpg
    251.3 KB · Views: 193

Attachments

• 1 Gordon Highlanders Trech Diorama 2 (2).jpg
    1 Gordon Highlanders Trech Diorama 2 (2).jpg
    221.6 KB · Views: 196
  • 1 Gordon Highlanders Trech Diorama 1 (2).jpg
    1 Gordon Highlanders Trech Diorama 1 (2).jpg
    566.3 KB · Views: 201
Oops, my mistake, I thought it was was yours, so Tom, please post progress pics :)

As far as being still available, you would have to check with Abram Simon in NZ and he's on the Forum as FleurbaixToySoldiers

John[h=1][/h]

HI John,

Yes you are correct, I have the original master trenches, gun emplacements etc..

Planning on releasing them again, but not sure when..

Anyone who is interested please private message me and I will note your interest, then I can release them as interest dictates..

Kind Regards,

Abram Simon

Users who are viewing this thread

Back