Toy Soldier Shoppe open house (1 Viewer)

Mister Dave

Command Sergeant Major
Just wondering if anybody in the upper midwest is planning on visiting the Toy Soldier Shoppe in Milwaukee on Sat. Apr. 12th for the Britains open house. Should be a nice chance to chat with Richard Walker and hopefully get a look at some of the April releases(?) I'll be there around noon and stay a while...for sure getting the 4 Osprey Zulus finally and we'll see what else...

MD

Paul got my money at the Indy Show.:):eek: I would like to see his shop sometime. John

Just 4 days to go before the open house. Anyone else in the region planning to visit?

MD

Live just a little to far to join you but wish I could join in the fun. Hopefully you plan on bringing a camera along for lots of photos Mister Dave. Would be a nice way of seeing Pauls new shop and what goodies Richard brought along to include what other goodies Paul has on hand....The Lt.

Live just a little to far to join you but wish I could join in the fun. Hopefully you plan on bringing a camera along for lots of photos Mister Dave. Would be a nice way of seeing Pauls new shop and what goodies Richard brought along to include what other goodies Paul has on hand....The Lt.

Thanks for the reminder Lt. I will intend on bringing the camera along and post some pics on Saturday afternoon/evening. Any other special photo requests...the LL cabinet perhaps?

MD

Thanks for the reminder Lt. I will intend on bringing the camera along and post some pics on Saturday afternoon/evening. Any other special photo requests...the LL cabinet perhaps?

MD

A BIG YES and thank you Mister Dave

Had a really great day at the open house today. Bad weather makes for a good day indoors surrounded by toy soldiers and those who make and sell them. A lot of my photos did not turn out great as the camera was on some obscure setting, but got some you might appreciate. Got a sneak look at some upcoming stuff including, but not limited to new redcoats, petticoats, FIW, ARW, museum collection and Zulu war ranges. Also saw and bought some brand new releases from the matte Zulu War series. Some very good stuff is on the way, people. BTW the first photo is from L to R: Carl (Paul's associate), Richard Walker, Paul Herrmann, and Mister Dave.

Attachments

• ebay 390 (Medium).jpg
    ebay 390 (Medium).jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 194
  • ebay 386 (Medium).jpg
    ebay 386 (Medium).jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 195
  • ebay 387 (Medium).jpg
    ebay 387 (Medium).jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 194
  • ebay 388 (Medium).jpg
    ebay 388 (Medium).jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 190
  • ebay 366 (Medium).jpg
    ebay 366 (Medium).jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 187
Last edited:
Here are a few more shots...a bit darker I think, but you can probably pick out a few things of interest. Also, some LL Zulu shots for Joachim and the Lt. here.

Attachments

• ebay 364 (Medium).jpg
    ebay 364 (Medium).jpg
    46 KB · Views: 177
  • ebay 367 (Medium).jpg
    ebay 367 (Medium).jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 173
  • ebay 377 (Medium).jpg
    ebay 377 (Medium).jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 169
  • ebay 378 (Medium).jpg
    ebay 378 (Medium).jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 180
  • ebay 379 (Medium).jpg
    ebay 379 (Medium).jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 176
You have gotta love the white coats of the Imperial French soldiers.
Those are great photographs. Thank you for all the Little Legion pictures.
It is always nice to put a face to the names.
Regards
Damian

Thanks Mr. Dave for posting pictures of Paul's store. I noticed some new Britains'. I see some prototypes of new sculpts. I like the F/I war stuff and the new mounted glossy officer. Leadmen

Once again thank you Mister Dave for the photos of some of the new goodies from WBritain as well as the Little Legion photos. Looks like a great time was had by all....The Lt.

You are all welcome and thanks for the compliments. The unpainted resin figures looked very good. As you can see there is a new matte Zulu, and I forgot if the kneeling figure was NMP or NC, sorry. Then the Highlander is BW Napoleonic for the museum collection and there will also be a Boer War figure for this range in the next catalog. The Sudan era infantry figure is for the redcoats range and will be painted khaki, and the Indian figure holding the Grenadier cap is an addition to the FIW range. I cannot tell you much about the 4 painted Redcoats, but the ARW figures are fabulous with amazing detail. These were painted resin figures. They will be packaged a bit differently than usual I guess. They've done Washington, Lafayette, one of Washington's guard, and I forget the identity of the other French officer. I guess the one painted petticoat figure present did not make any of the photos...sorry. Everything else has been seen before I think, so while all of the glossy new Zulu figs were on display, I did not take pics of them for example. If you have not been to the Britains Zulu War thread already you can view my days purchases there (most of the new matte Zulu stuff :D) Would highly recommend this small scale but relaxed event to anybody in the region in future. Very good stuff indeed!

MD

Mister Dave,
thank you very much for the review and pictures of the "Open House". It looks like there are a lot of exciting new releases in the pipeline by Britains.
The Woodland Indian holding the Mitre Cap for the FIW series and the AWI figures are already taking place on the shelfs here at home and so does the Black Watch Highlander of the Napoleonic Era.
It seems you had a good day of fun there. Who cares about the rain (bad weather) when there is a roof with Toy Soldiers under it.
Great pleasure to look at your photos and much appreciated.
Konrad

New zulu stuff is excellent.

He has some LL collection there. The H2H sets are the best.

Sudan figure. I was hoping for a large range of that in the near future. Has it ever been done in matte? I don't think so. The glossy addition to the redcoats range looks great.

i hope we will see these items soon in the new catalog/Standard.

Now I go and have another look at those pics (for which i am very grateful).

New zulu stuff is excellent.

He has some LL collection there. The H2H sets are the best.

Sudan figure. I was hoping for a large range of that in the near future. Has it ever been done in matte? I don't think so. The glossy addition to the redcoats range looks great.

i hope we will see these items soon in the new catalog/Standard.

Now I go and have another look at those pics (for which i am very grateful).

Yes, Joachim, the LL Zulu War shelves there are a thing of beauty.

As for the new releases from Britains, I think most of those in the photos will appear in the next catalog coming in late May. As far as I know nobody has ever done the Sudan in matte. This guy will be glossy for the redcoats range, but I pleaded my case with Richard to develop a matte Sudan range in the future. Maybe steady pressure, nagging, etc...will achieve the desired result down the road...I can be very patient. :rolleyes:

Mister Dave

Dave

Thank you for the pictures of the new FIW figures and especially that Sudan figure. I too have suggested to Ken that we need a Sudan line. I am encouraged at least that one of the new Museum Collection Black Watch figures is from the 1880s Egyptian campaign. Until then I am fulfilling my interest in this subject with this example from Little Legion: [the new WB Redcoat Sudan glossy will go nicely with this]

Attachments

• sudanhvycameltroop2LG.jpg
    sudanhvycameltroop2LG.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 134
Dave

Thank you for the pictures of the new FIW figures and especially that Sudan figure. I too have suggested to Ken that we need a Sudan line. I am encouraged at least that one of the new Museum Collection Black Watch figures is from the 1880s Egyptian campaign. Until then I am fulfilling my interest in this subject with this example from Little Legion: [the new WB Redcoat Sudan glossy will go nicely with this]

Oh, well Randy you have reminded me of another comment that Richard made yesterday regarding Sudan figs. There will be a dismounted camel corps figure also for the Redcoats series.

I love those LL Heavy Camel Regt. guys. Do you have all 4 of them yet?

Looking forward to seeing what you do with photos of the new releases of course.

Mister Dave

I'll try to throw in some weight and email Richard this pic; how the hell can he resist producing a range of figures that would make for a matte dio like this?!?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back