Toy Soldier show Sunday in Lawrence MA (1 Viewer)

Warrior

Lieutenant General
There will be a toy soldier show on Sunday August 17th from 9 till 3 at the Lawrence Elks Club, exit 45 off of route 93 North, two miles down on the left hand side, sponsored by The Hobby Bunker.

Matt, myself and many other toy soldier dealers will be there, along with some wargames put on my the local chapter of HMGS East, Battlegroup Boston.

Hope to see some of the TFT members at the show.......

Regards,
George
Minutemen Toy Soldiers

Must thank Matt for putting together the show yesterday which featured a nice selection of new and old metal and plasitcs items provided by all of the leading manufactures plus. For those looking for the new Spatans by Conte Matt had them on Hand. Sorry for the limited photos but wanted to feature the lay out of the show as well as Fish, Modwall and Polarbear like little kids caught in a candy store along with Warrior selling his wears. Matt of the Hobby Bunker once again provided us with another well done show a which drew a nice crowd as time went by.......The Lt.

008-25.jpg

013-12.jpg

011-18.jpg

009-12.jpg

004-20.jpg

007-22.jpg

012-15.jpg

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p56/The1stLt/The1stLtZuluWar/006-26.jpg[/IMG
[IMG]http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p56/The1stLt/The1stLtZuluWar/005-30.jpg

Thanks Joe for the show pictures and report. Always good to see what is happening. John

Wow was traffic that light.....or were these shots taken before the show

began?

Wow was traffic that light.....or were these shots taken before the show

began?

Photos were taken shortly after I walked into the Show and do not reflect the overall attendance.....The Lt.

That picture was taken after the show opened; new show, a nice sunny August day with two weeks of summer left and we've had rain just about every weekend so far this year.

That said, I'll take quality over quantity any day of the week and twice on Sunday; thanks to Tim and three of my other regulars, I had one heck of a good day. All it took was four sales and boom, over the top expensewise and into the profit end of the till I went.

Week old releases from K & C and day old releases from John Jenkins + salesmanship= George was one happy guy..........................

But if I had been promoting that show.........:eek::eek: I would have

know how Frank N. Stein felt when he heard the villagers coming:eek::eek:

I spent several years in Jersey promoting Train Shows with 350-400 folks

and a couple in Florida promoting Antique & Collectible Shows that filled an

Armoury.......that looks just plain scary to me:eek::eek:

Maybe you should come back to the Northeast and promote shows, some of them could really use a good promoter who spends money on advertising. Matt did quite a bit in the surrounding area, sent out a raftload of postcards, combined the show with some wargaming demonstrations, etc, etc.

He had about 150 folks through the door and it was busy until about 2:00, 2:30.

So far this year, I have been blessed as my numbers have been up at every single show but for one (in Annapolis, run two weeks after the big MFCA show and as a result, it was a disaster of Titanic proportions).

Some of the promoters up here rely way, way too much on guys like me and Matt to spread the word to our customers; he and I counted at one show and of the 202 people through the door, he and I knew a combined 177 of them.

John, I'll tell you what is scary to me; when a newbie attending a show for the first time asks what he should or shouldn't do at a show and is told "The LAST thing you want to worry about is what you buy, just go to the show and soak in the social aspect of the event and not worry about what you buy"..................WHAT!? Ok, fine, go and have a good time and meet up with fellow collectors and see all the new stuff, but please, spend a little cake and DON'T take that brilliant advice.......

Maybe you should come back to the Northeast and promote shows, some of them could really use a good promoter who spends money on advertising.

I may consider that when I get back to Jersey.........currently I'm 65th on

the list...........they only allow so many Italians back into Jersey at a

time:eek: Each time I visit my daughter I have to get a Non-Resident Italian

Learners Permit:eek::D:)........but one day soon.........oh the Bakerys......

Real Pizza, the Jersey Shore (NYC waste washing up on the Beaches:eek:)

I love it all......and can't wait:D:D

I had a great time at the show and picked up some nice stuff, including the new K&C napoleonic tent set and a couple of first legion figures some of the new Conte spartans figures and a few other deals from both George and Matt from hobby bunker who both had a lot of great stuff at the show.
I met up with the LT,modwalls, and polar bear also and talked a bit about the hobby and had a nice time.
There was a great selection of stuff at the show for the size and I hope they give it a try again next year and have a better turn out.
I had a great day till I returned home to find out my dad had a bad stroke and was taken to the hospital. He had one a few months back and was doing really well and was back to normal but this second one is bad. He still hasn,t come out of it enough to talk or anything yet, we,re hoping for the best but it dosn,t look good right now???:(

Tim:

Sorry to hear about your Dad. I hope his health is restored!

Sorry to hear about your dad Tim and hope this finds he's doing well....Joe

I had a great time at the show and picked up some nice stuff, including the new K&C napoleonic tent set and a couple of first legion figures some of the new Conte spartans figures and a few other deals from both George and Matt from hobby bunker who both had a lot of great stuff at the show.
I met up with the LT,modwalls, and polar bear also and talked a bit about the hobby and had a nice time.
There was a great selection of stuff at the show for the size and I hope they give it a try again next year and have a better turn out.
I had a great day till I returned home to find out my dad had a bad stroke and was taken to the hospital. He had one a few months back and was doing really well and was back to normal but this second one is bad. He still hasn,t come out of it enough to talk or anything yet, we,re hoping for the best but it dosn,t look good right now???:(
Tim, sorry about your dad, I'll say a prayer for him and your family, hang in there.

Tim,
Very sorry to hear about your Dad, I hope he is improving, hang in there mon ami...........

Tim,
All the best wishes to your father and your family.
Mark

Thanks for the well wishes for my dad guys, but he passed away thursday at around 4;00 pm. The stroke was really bad and he had no chance at all of recovery so we just made sure he was comfortable and had plenty of morphine in case of pain and hoped he didn,t suffer for long. He will be very missed by our family but at least he didn,t suffer for long and seamed to have gone peaceful without much pain.

Hi Tim,

You have my condolences and my deepest sympathy. Losing a loved one, especially a parent or a child, is always very, very difficult. My thoughts are with you and your family.

Warmest personal regards,

Pat

Users who are viewing this thread

Back