Trojan Horse (1 Viewer)

zulucollector

Sergeant
thanks so much TM Terrain for my Trojan horse.. now all I need are some Trojans. Some workshop to delivery pics.

Attachments

• pb_horse.jpg
    pb_horse.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 591
  • pb_20170511_143131.jpg
    pb_20170511_143131.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 588
VERY NICE!

now getting the Trojans is the easy part...

K&C does some wonderful Hoplite/Trojans...

I believe you started the whole Trojan horse trend lol

well...I like yours...and wish I had not sold mine...

I think yours is bigger than mine...^&grin

I was hoping Andy would somehow do a copy (3D?)...
or have Gordon produce one for his Ancient Greek series...

Hope you are not going to get into a fight on whose is bigger.^&grin
Really liked the one you made Mike, looked just right, think Andy bought it. Robin.

nooooooo...

we're not going there....^&grin...

actually...Andy said mine was too big in his opinion...

I was hoping he might use a 3-D scanner and reproduce it...
at maybe 60-70% of the actual size...
or whatever he thought the right scale would be...

nooooooo...

we're not going there....^&grin...

actually...Andy said mine was too big in his opinion...

I was hoping he might use a 3-D scanner and reproduce it...
at maybe 60-70% of the actual size...
or whatever he thought the right scale would be...

That's not my exact memory Mike...I fell in love with your Trojan Horse as soon as I saw it at the Texas Show...and bought it there and then.

As far as size was concerned...I thought it was big certainly BUT perfect for what I had in mind...For displaying our K&C Ancient Greeks on and using it in promotion pix, which we did.

I also spoke to our own production folks and one of our main factories....Yes, it could be made and at or near the actual size of the original BUT the shipping and freight costs and charges would be horrendous...That alas is what put the 'Kaibosh' on the whole project...

To reduce it down to 60 or70 per cent of the original would have left K&C and collectors with not much of a Trojan Horse but something closely resembling...'The Trojan Pony'!

Sad but true...however that takes nothing away from Mike's superb original craftsmanship and artistry.
Best wishes and happy collecting, Andy.

Andy...
the last time I talked to Amber...
and really sorry to see her go...
she told me it was on display in your Menger KingsX store...
I looked for it at the Texas Toy Soldier Show...
but it was gone...
I meant to ask you where it was...
but time got away from me...
what happened to it?

An interesting rendition of that "famous" horse, zulucollector.
As Mike mentioned, TreeFrog, Minutemen and others disti's have all the figures except the first half-dozen.
That would be a fun diorama to build ... {sm3}

I remember seeing yours Mike, but I can't seem to find it again.
Where was that thread?

--- LaRRy

Larry...I guess it was in the K&C thread...but I have no idea when or where...here are a few pics from my Treefrog album of K&C Ancient Greece...I have since added a lot of TG Spartans and a few TG Persians...

Attachments

• 100_7774_00.jpg
    100_7774_00.jpg
    165.9 KB · Views: 396
  • 100_8846.jpg
    100_8846.jpg
    126.4 KB · Views: 375
  • 101_0351.jpg
    101_0351.jpg
    293.7 KB · Views: 400
  • 100_8847.jpg
    100_8847.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 383
An interesting rendition of that "famous" horse, zulucollector.
As Mike mentioned, TreeFrog, Minutemen and others disti's have all the figures except the first half-dozen.
That would be a fun diorama to build ... {sm3}

I remember seeing yours Mike, but I can't seem to find it again.
Where was that thread?

--- LaRRy

Larry...I guess it was in the K&C thread...but I have no idea when or where...here are a few pics from my Treefrog album of K&C Ancient Greece...I have since added a lot of TG Spartans and a few TG Persians...

Here you are Michael and Larry, this thread certainly deserves viewing again :salute::

https://forum.treefrogtreasures.com...ver-built-Trojan-Horse/page5&highlight=trojan

All the best

Martyn:)

Andy...
the last time I talked to Amber...
and really sorry to see her go...
she told me it was on display in your Menger KingsX store...
I looked for it at the Texas Toy Soldier Show...
but it was gone...
I meant to ask you where it was...
but time got away from me...
what happened to it?

Hi Mike,
Many thanks for the swift response...Like you both Laura and myself were very sad to see Amber go, but she wanted to 'spread her wings' and that's understandable too. However she came back to join and assist the Kings X team over the last show weekend and has said she will help again if she is available in the future...A great gal!

Now, back to that Trojan Horse... Alas, it was never on display at Kings X...After buying it from you at the Texas Show I personally 'hand-carried' it back to Hong Kong immediately when I left San Antonio some days later. Until recently it (and a large collection of our Ancient Greeks) occupied one of our display cabinets in the HK Head Office...

There it remained until one of our major collectors paid us a visit, saw it, loved it and the collection and as the Godfather might have put it, "Made me an offer I could not refuse." It now resides in Jakarta, Indonesia. The gentleman concerned has asked Gordon to construct a section of Trojan wall and gate to make a backdrop for it!

Best wishes and congrats once more for a superb piece of model craftsmanship...Andy.

Last edited:
Martyn...
thanks for finding that thread...
I used the advanced search...
and could not find the "key words" to locate it...

Andy...
I'm glad you found a collector that likes it...
I have had offers to build it again but am not interested in that project...
maybe your client will post some pictures when the commissioned wall that Gordon is making is complete...

Martyn...
thanks for finding that thread...
I used the advanced search...
and could not find the "key words" to locate it...

Andy...
I'm glad you found a collector that likes it...
I have had offers to build it again but am not interested in that project...
maybe your client will post some pictures when the commissioned wall that Gordon is making is complete...

Hi.
Last summer I contacted Alymer about possibly reproducing their version of the Trojan Horse. The owner said yes, but he never got back to me about the cost of shipping from Spain. I saw one over a year ago for sale on the web but someone beat me to it.
I would be interested in acquiring one of my own.
MikeNick

Nick and Deanna from the Texas Toy soldier Show put me on this website...

www.lodtoysoldiers.com

not sure when it will be ready...but it looks pretty darn nice to me...I would like to won it...

Attachments

• TroyHorseSlider.jpg
    TroyHorseSlider.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 294

Users who are viewing this thread

Back