TS &MF magazine acquired by Guideline (1 Viewer)

Thank you, I never saw a digital issue #250 on their website...very strange.

Was anyone able to buy digital issue #250??

I was reminded of this merger today, when I saw a post for the combined magazine on Facebook. I never saw another issue after 249, nor received any notification, that I can remember or can find in my email archives. And if subscriptions were to be honored with the new magazine, I never saw that, either. Mine was good through August, I think.

Having not received one and not thought about it, I can say, I don't really miss it.

Prost!
Brad

I was reminded of this merger today, when I saw a post for the combined magazine on Facebook. I never saw another issue after 249, nor received any notification, that I can remember or can find in my email archives. And if subscriptions were to be honored with the new magazine, I never saw that, either. Mine was good through August, I think.

Having not received one and not thought about it, I can say, I don't really miss it.

Prost!
Brad

Brad,

I was very happy to receive my latest Toy Soldier Collector & Historical Figures #99 which is the first of the combined magazine under the editorial of Stuart Hessney.

I feel that nothing has been lost from TSC and with the addition of item about kits and painting it really takes my interest as a person who assembles and paints his own figures.
I have all editions of TSC, but gave up on TSMF about edition 120 when I had to cut back on magazine, and a 2 monthly one was a better option now that there is so much info available on the internet.

John

Brad,

I was very happy to receive my latest Toy Soldier Collector & Historical Figures #99 which is the first of the combined magazine under the editorial of Stuart Hessney.

I feel that nothing has been lost from TSC and with the addition of item about kits and painting it really takes my interest as a person who assembles and paints his own figures.
I have all editions of TSC, but gave up on TSMF about edition 120 when I had to cut back on magazine, and a 2 monthly one was a better option now that there is so much info available on the internet.

John

I've been thinking about letting my subscription lapse, before the merger. It's not that I worry that something is lost in merging the two; I had a subscription to both, previously. When my subscription to TSC lapsed, I reached out to the US rep, Larry Weindorf of For the Collector, to renew. He never replied. And I reflected on what I got out of the magazine, and decided it's not worth it to me to pay for it. At this point, after apparently getting lost in the shuffle, I've reached the same conclusion about TS&MF. As far as the painting content goes, it's great that it was added to TS&MF some time ago, and that it exposes the idea of painting your own to those who might not otherwise have thought about it. But I already paint my own, and have done so for years, so for me, that's not a reason to renew a subscription. I have exposure and access through the forums I belong to, but even more, through the personal contacts I've made over the past 30 years.

As far as the rest of the content goes, it's interesting, but I don't buy any of the brands that are featured so prominently in the magazine. Indeed, I buy very few commercially-finished figures, specific to my area of interest and preferred scale of 54mm. There is very little content on older or more obscure makers.

I've subscribed to both magazines, since they each debuted. I'm not saying no one should buy the magazine, just that I don't see renewing, myself, going forward.

I'm reflecting in the same way about my subscription to Finescale Modeler, too. Again, I have no major complaint with the editorial policy or the content. I just ask if I'm getting enjoyment worth the subscription price.

Prost!
Brad

I'll continue to subscribe. My daily newspaper is way more expensive and is getting skinnier and skinnier.

I have just seen your message about advertising rates... on the list supplied by AShowdn the previous publisher your details were not on my list... if you would be kind enough to e-mail me your details I can certainly discuss advertising rates and how Guideline Publications works with our advertising partners.

Kind regards

Tom

tom@guidelinepublications.co.uk

Not sure if it's good news or bad news that both magazines will now be combined into one publication; aside from this joint venture, there is one other toy soldier related magazine in publication, Playset Magazine, which bought out Plastic Figure and Playset Magazine a number of years ago.

At one time, there were by my count half a dozen toy soldier related magazines in publication, we're now down to two.

I think magazines in general cater to an older crowd, perhaps 55 plus? Many magazines are now going digital vs an actual hardcopy of the publication.

I wish the new joint venture luck, will see once they contact me what the ad rates will be........................................this new joint venture really needs to look into getting placed into one of the large book store chains, that would help with circulation and perhaps grow the hobby.

But that depends on whether there are even any book store chains left, I really have no idea as in truth, I buy all my books from either Amazon, Ebay or publishers such as Casemate and Le Livre Chez Vous.........................

I have just seen your message about advertising rates... on the list supplied by AShowdn the previous publisher your details were not on my list... if you would be kind enough to e-mail me your details I can certainly discuss advertising rates and how Guideline Publications works with our advertising partners.

Kind regards

Tom

tom@guidelinepublications.co.uk

Tom,
You're taking great care of me, I appreciate you picking up where the former magazine left off, top shelf job you're doing, the ad is paying off, have had several people come to me off of the ad, one just today.

Regards,
George Guerriero
Minutemen Toy Soldiers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back