TSSD Union Cavalry (1 Viewer)

Scott

Major
I tried to paint these conversions. I used acrylics and gave then a couple of coats of Matt spray.

I have seen some period photos of Union Cavalry with boots over the pants and pants over the boots. Those figures need spurs as they were made from Infantry legs. I Wish TSSD would put carbine slings on the dismounted cavalry figures with carbines.

The figure with sabers and slings are converted from the mounted figures.

cav1.JPG

cav2.JPG

cav3.JPG

cav4.JPG

cav6.JPG

cav7.JPG

cav8.JPG

Great job on the painting. In addition to boots, a fair amount of troopers wore regular brogans. And not a huge deal, but for accuracy, only NCOs had trouser stripes. Privates were plain and officers had a thin welt on the outside seam of their trousers.

Fixed...

Geeeeez!!! I should have known that about the trouser stripes.

I made these two men NCOs...

cav1.JPG

cav2.JPG

cav3.JPG

cav4.JPG

cav5.JPG

cav9.JPG

cav8.JPG

cav7.JPG

cav6.JPG

Scott

I really enjoy the creative talents of your figure conversions, painting and buildings.

Randy

I'm keeping most of my TSSD "color coded" but I'm going to paint a few wounded and maybe a CS unit of equal size fro display.

Those are TSSD conversions I did within the last year. I thought I'd try painting them rather than keeping the blue/gray color code. The trouble is that now I have to find shelf room for them instead of their lowly storage tubs.

Scott I bought some plastic soldiers from Cunnyngham and I am wondering what brand name of paint did use??? I'm looking for CSA gray and some blue I guess..........any advice would be appreciated...
Rick

I don't use "official" colors. Just off the rack acrylics from AC Moore or Michael's. There really wasn't an "official" CS Gray. For US colors I use Delta Ceramcoat Navy Blue and Mediterranean Blue.

Make sure you get Opaque and not semi-opaque colors.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back