UK Collectors Club (1 Viewer)

Thin Red Line

Private 2
Just been on the WB main site and if haven't missed something it looks like the Uk club has gone and been absorbed into the US club.
Other changes look like the standard is reduced to three issues and a hefty increase for UK collectors from £35 to almost £60.
The club figures look to be up , I only ever join for the napoleonic figure and the 2019 one is a three year old foot guards figure with the only difference being some light company epaulettes not worth the cost to me i'm afraid. I'm hoping we'll see the previously mentioned expansions of there Napoleonic range in 2019 (Buildings would be great).

This is true!.......I found this on the Redcoat Models website news section posted yesterday (7th).....

With effect from 1st January 2019 management of the W. Britain collectors club will be handled by The Good Solider LLC - 10420 Geiser Road, Holland, Ohio, 43528, USA.

Where's my 2018 Figure ?
Club Figures B50082C, B50084C, B50085C, B50087C and B50088C will be arriving in the next 14 days and will be despatched as soon as possible. Club figures B50083C, B50086C and B50089C will arrive at a later date to be confirmed by the Good Soldier. Members who have placed orders with to purchase additional figures from the 2018 club selection will have their order fulfilled by Bachmann Europe Plc, however any new orders will need to be made via The Good Soldier LLC.

How do I renew for 2019 ?
If you wish to continue your membership to the W. Britain Collectors Club, you can find more information at www.wbritain.com or by emailing wbinfo@wbritain.com

UK GDPR legislation prevents Bchmann passing your details to The Good Soldier so to renew visit the above sites without delay !

Jeff

At the 2017 Collectors Club Event we were told the Standard would be the main way WB kept us up to date.

There was no mention of this proposed change at the event this year.

So when you click on the link for the UK it says that you only get free shipping if you spend over $275, so does the membership including free shipping of the figure?

The discount voucher can only be used for the US (better the UK dealers are happy about that)

I understand that the Collectors Club loses money so things had to change but yet again WB score an own goal through their inability to communicate with customers.

I have tried to be up beat with the my comments after the last WB event in London but how this has been handled is poor.

Gazza

Its a pity none of this was mentioned at either the Collectors Event or the Toy Soldier show last week. NOT good news for UK collectors. I shudder to think what this will do to figure prices!

Further to my last post I wonder if Bachman's are the driving force behind this move. The delays and other problems that have beset Britains over the last year must have been just as frustrating for them as for the collectors. Hopefully they will make some sort of announcement. From what has been published above I'm not quite sure who will be responsible for distributing 2018 Club figures after the 1st January. Hopefully all will be revealed soon! I'm glad I attended the London Collectors event - did n't realise at the time it was the last one!

At the 2017 Collectors Club Event we were told the Standard would be the main way WB kept us up to date.

There was no mention of this proposed change at the event this year.

So when you click on the link for the UK it says that you only get free shipping if you spend over $275, so does the membership including free shipping of the figure?

The discount voucher can only be used for the US (better the UK dealers are happy about that)

I understand that the Collectors Club loses money so things had to change but yet again WB score an own goal through their inability to communicate with customers.

I have tried to be up beat with the my comments after the last WB event in London but how this has been handled is poor.

Gazza

I echo your concerns. Also, if figures start to be shipped direct from the US to collectors in Great Britain, I'm sure HM Revenue and Customs will charge VAT (plus Royal Mail's extortionate "handling charge").

I echo your concerns. Also, if figures start to be shipped direct from the US to collectors in Great Britain, I'm sure HM Revenue and Customs will charge VAT (plus Royal Mail's extortionate "handling charge").

I know that Magpies in Evesham and MKL did some distribution stuff for W Britains in the past, will ask Neil at Magpies when I call in on Friday if he has any ideas.

Ken must have known this at the London Show?

No one likes to announce bad news. But being upfront is far better than simply quietly updating the website and letting speculation take root. Poor show .

Gents

The news came out after the Britains club event at a meeting. It was a poor show to be sure but not of Kens making. There will be more news soon so look to the website for future information.

Dave

Further to my last post I wonder if Bachman's are the driving force behind this move. The delays and other problems that have beset Britains over the last year must have been just as frustrating for them as for the collectors. Hopefully they will make some sort of announcement...

Ken just shared this post on the W Britain Facebook page:

We know there has already been a lot of news and rumor buzzing about changes in the UK/European branch of the W.Britain Collector’s Club. I’ll try to answer some of the obvious questions and allay any fears for the its future.
* During our annual meeting in the UK, Bachmann Europe Plc. relayed their desire to cease running the UK/EU branch of the Club effective at the end of the year. This was first mentioned to us at our meeting with them on Friday November 29 after the Club event on Thursday – and confirmed later on Saturday toward the end of the London Toy Soldier Show. Once this was confirmed, we mentioned this to several Club members individually at the show as we had opportunity.
* While this news from Bachmann was certainly a surprise to us, we have been discussing how we might service the club from the W. Britain home office for years. We feel that there can be many advantages of having a truly single, worldwide W. Britain Collectors’ Club. The new administrative model will allow better communication, more Club benefits to all members, and improved service throughout the membership.
* We apologize for short notice, but we are hitting the ground running, so… As of ‪January 1, 2019‬ the Club will be administered from the W.Britain world headquarters in Holland, OH, USA. The latest Club membership and renewal information can be seen on our website at www.wbritain.com
and in the Winter issue of The Standard.
* In the interest of helping our UK members, we’ve appointed our own Craig Appleton as UK show representative and have a new local UK phone number that rings directly to our office. We can be reached most days, ‪Monday through Friday 9:30am‬ to 5:00pm EST here in the US at ‪08000869123‬.
* We wish to thank Bachmann Europe Plc. and their staff for excellent job they have done for the membership in their service areas to date. They will all be missed.

Ken Osen
General Manager & Creative Director
W.Britain

Prost!
Brad

Many Thanks Brad -- a most informative message to see and digest.
Yours Aye,
Douglas aka Blackbob.

Evidently Bachmann's are sending letters out to Club Members explaining the changes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back