UK London Show and Weather Conditions (1 Viewer)

panzerknacker

Private
hello Sirs, Lady´s ...

first sorry for my English, hopefully you will understand.

does anybody who will attend the London show this weekend, will have information’s about the upcoming weather ? most important is to know how will be the weather and conditions on the roads to get there. my drive way will be:
South Netherlands (Eindhoven), across Belgium ( Antwerpen ), France (Calais), than the tunnel, and finale south UK up to London.

i am in west/west part of Germany and we normally have a table at the show.
Does anybody think the weather will affect the number of visitors or the dealers ?

and its hard to find information’s about the road condition in so many country’s, here the TV only tells us about Germany....

maybe some one can help.

best regards and thanks
panzerknacker

hello Sirs, Lady´s ...

first sorry for my English, hopefully you will understand.

does anybody who will attend the London show this weekend, will have information’s about the upcoming weather ? most important is to know how will be the weather and conditions on the roads to get there. my drive way will be:
South Netherlands (Eindhoven), across Belgium ( Antwerpen ), France (Calais), than the tunnel, and finale south UK up to London.

i am in west/west part of Germany and we normally have a table at the show.
Does anybody think the weather will affect the number of visitors or the dealers ?

and its hard to find information’s about the road condition in so many country’s, here the TV only tells us about Germany....

maybe some one can help.

best regards and thanks
panzerknacker

Your best bet s to us BCC on line weather http://news.bbc.co.uk/weather/forecast/8? This morning for the first time we have snow in Reading witch is forty mins away from London

It does sound as if it's getting worse, more snow has arrived over night in London with more coming tomorrow. There appears to be travel chaos out there and am now wondering if my train will be able to get there.:(

Rob

It does sound as if it's getting worse, more snow has arrived over night in London with more coming tomorrow. There appears to be travel chaos out there and am now wondering if my train will be able to get there.:(

Rob

Rob,

We had a foot of the poxy stuff yesterday and last night on top of the already compacted and icy snow that was lying around.

The problem with the trains is that the rolling stock is all over the place and will take a few days to get sorted, one train an hour from where I live so I’m a bit dubious about Saturday.

Jeff

Jeff,yes its not looking good is it. Whilst every Brit Treefrogger know's its his duty to fall in on parade at the bar for 12.30, due to extreme weather conditions offenders will not face courts martial;)

Rob

Jeff,yes its not looking good is it. Whilst every Brit Treefrogger know's its his duty to fall in on parade at the bar for 12.30, due to extreme weather conditions offenders will not face courts martial;)

Rob

Yes, they will :cool:

Jeff, Rob,

get the snowshoes out, wax the skies or the sleigh, find some reindeers or Alaskan dogs.
The rest of the world (Toy Soldier and forum world that is) is looking at you :eek: and eagerly awaiting your great coverage.

Just kidding, guys,
play it safe ;) :)

Konrad

i am so sorry, but i have to cancelmy trip. the road-conditions in belgium & france are too bad, eurotunnel also have reduced service and the weatherforcast is not giving hope on better weather friday and saturday.

- see you all in march at the london show -

and best wishes for ALL trefroggers to the pre-christmas time !

best regards peter

Yes, they will :cool:

Jeff, Rob,

get the snowshoes out, wax the skies or the sleigh, find some reindeers or Alaskan dogs.
The rest of the world (Toy Soldier and forum world that is) is looking at you :eek: and eagerly awaiting your great coverage.

Just kidding, guys,
play it safe ;) :)

Konrad

:D

Will do my best to get there Konrad, as I once was a postman our motto was 'The Post must get through' (I can hear my British friends laughing themselves silly at that one!;)) my motto now is 'The Pictures must get through'! ;)

Rob

Will do my best to get there Konrad, as I once was a postman our motto was 'The Post must get through' (I can hear my British friends laughing themselves silly at that one!;))
Rob

haha... we got informations from UPS that all our deliverys with them are delayed, because bad weather conditions.....

I think those of us who got the new Tiger yesterday were very lucky indeed!:cool:

Rob

Will do my best to get there Konrad, as I once was a postman our motto was 'The Post must get through' (I can hear my British friends laughing themselves silly at that one!;)) my motto now is 'The Pictures must get through'! ;)

Rob

Very well, Rob, very well,
you get the pictures through and chances are that good old Cardigan600 will make you an honorary Hussar, ........, maybe ;)
Konrad

i am so sorry, but i have to cancelmy trip. the road-conditions in belgium & france are too bad, eurotunnel also have reduced service and the weatherforcast is not giving hope on better weather friday and saturday.

- see you all in march at the london show -

and best wishes for ALL trefroggers to the pre-christmas time !

best regards peter

Road conditions in Belgium and N-France are aweful. Sanding the roads does not help. 540 miles of traffic jams on the motorways in Belgium this morning. Too much snowfall and more snow for today and tonight are forecasted.(t° this morning at 08.00 o'clock was -6,7C) The Chunnel train has enormous delays and a lot of train journeys are cancelled.
So me too, I am forced to change my plans and postpone my visit until next march.
sorry boys but it is a case of force majeure
Guy:(

I'm glad I got miy snow Tiger yesterday!
really hope to make it on saturday though it's not looking too good at the moment.
Fingers crossed!

Well theres hope for us yet!. I understand K&C UK are on the road and heading south today, coming from Durham one of the worst hit areas in the country so looks like the show will go on:cool::cool:

Rob

I was worried that I'd have a lonely table in the middle of a large room!

I'm getting a bit concerned about Saturday's TSS.:(
Who makes the judgement call if it's on or off?
Has anyone read anything from K&C on the subject?
Do they make the call?

At the moment we still have a regular train service into Waterloo so for me getting there isn't a problem. I'm in London for the military tournament anyway and that is still on.
I hope the TSS is also on.

If it is on I hope everyone has a safe journey and enjoys their day.

I'm getting a bit concerned about Saturday's TSS.:(
Who makes the judgement call if it's on or off?
Has anyone read anything from K&C on the subject?
Do they make the call?

At the moment we still have a regular train service into Waterloo so for me getting there isn't a problem. I'm in London for the military tournament anyway and that is still on.
I hope the TSS is also on.

If it is on I hope everyone has a safe journey and enjoys their day.

Well K&C UK run the show, and as I said they are heading south as we speak, theres now a good chance its on. How many traders can get there is another matter.:(

Rob

Users who are viewing this thread

Back