Upcoming Lines and A Few Other Bits 'n Bobs (1 Viewer)

Maybe the Russians aren't really attractive, but some 6th Army Wehrmacht summer characters, , would sell very well, I think!

Cheers:)

I mis-spoke. It's apparently the Russians, not the Germans, who don't sell. Best to let Andy address the question :eek:

I mis-spoke. It's apparently the Russians, not the Germans, who don't sell. Best to let Andy address the question :eek:

I wonder if the Tanks sell more than the figures.I've heard a lot of people on hear call for Russian Tanks,maybe Andy could just add a couple more and see how they sell?.I for one would be more interested in Russian tanks than troops.

Rob

Jagdtiger Jagdtiger Jagdtiger, Everybody Loves Theis Vehicle, Custer Sounds Great. He Personally Led 23 Charges During The Civil War. The Foriegn Legion Vs Arabs Would Be Cool. Thanks For All That You Produced So Far

Also A Couple Of Russian Tanks Su 152 Kv1 Or Js1 Would Be Great. Also The Maultier Or Aa Maultier Would Be Welcome

:D WW2! N. Africa #1!---German Paras(Herman Gorings) Troops-Bleached Tan Bloused Uniforms!--------ITALIAN Infantry,-M-13/40 TANK, -SEMOVENTE 40-S.P.-AB41-ARMOREDCAR--------EASTERN FRONT-Winter Russians, Armor,Artillery!--------------Gerbirgsjaeger(German Mountain Troops)---Opel Maultier (HALFTRACK)Truck, Kettenkrad, Mountain Artillery, Hanomags, Track Vehicles, (NORWAY/ITALY)?-----------WEHRMACHT/DAK--150mm( HEAVY) Field Howitzer Gun-----Panzer IV's!------NEBELWERFER) Rocket) Artillery-----Pak 38/40 Anti-Tank Gun!---------BATTLE of CAEN-hasn't been continued; NEED INFANTRY TEAMS/SQUADS-ARMOR, Artillery!--------------------------IWO JIMA-Needs, USMC Jeeps, Artillery, LVCT-4A-W/75mm Gun Mounted----Supplies?-------JAPS- Need Donkey/Mule Supplies Carrying, Tankette, Coastal Artillery!

:D WW2! N. Africa #1!---German Paras(Herman Gorings) Troops-Bleached Tan Bloused Uniforms!--------ITALIAN Infantry,-M-13/40 TANK, -SEMOVENTE 40-S.P.-AB41-ARMOREDCAR--------EASTERN FRONT-Winter Russians, Armor,Artillery!--------------Gerbirgsjaeger(German Mountain Troops)---Opel Maultier (HALFTRACK)Truck, Kettenkrad, Mountain Artillery, Hanomags, Track Vehicles, (NORWAY/ITALY)?-----------WEHRMACHT/DAK--150mm( HEAVY) Field Howitzer Gun-----Panzer IV's!------NEBELWERFER) Rocket) Artillery-----Pak 38/40 Anti-Tank Gun!---------BATTLE of CAEN-hasn't been continued; NEED INFANTRY TEAMS/SQUADS-ARMOR, Artillery!--------------------------IWO JIMA-Needs, USMC Jeeps, Artillery, LVCT-4A-W/75mm Gun Mounted----Supplies?-------JAPS- Need Donkey/Mule Supplies Carrying, Tankette, Coastal Artillery!
:D DITTO! O.C.:D:D

old celt are you speaking in celtic?
:D Not this time. My "Gaelic" usually comes on after a few bevies' down at the "Duke O' Argyles"
Just it looks like someone else has the same equipement fantasies I do?
"Cheerio!" or shoul I say "Slante!"
O.C.:D

GERMAN NAVY!!! I really like the sound of that. Andy, you just made my day.

Yeah, I suppose I could settle for German Navy. But I'd love to see some yangtze patrol...

Attachments

• Sand Pebbles.jpg
    Sand Pebbles.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 164
Hi Guys,

Greetings from “The Pearl of The Orient”… Re some your recent thoughts, ideas and comments…

1. Possible Future Lines

“Sand Pebbles”… love the movie, not sure about the commercial appeal of the subject to a wide audience though.

2. War of 1812

Sorry, it doesn’t really appeal to me as a subject. I much prefer the “larger landscape” of the Napoleonic Wars in general… and it sells better!

3. Barbary Wars

Please see above.

4. Korean War

Sorry to disappoint again… but this “Forgotten War” remains alas “Forgotten”…I personally like it but I don’t believe it is commercial enough… Although you never can tell…

5. “Zulus”
Again love the movie but… it’s been done to death by every toy soldier company out there. Yes, I know K&C could do it differently but there are so many other great battles and campaigns that cry out for tackling that appeal to me more.

Now before you ask me what they are… I’m not telling as that might give away the game to some of our competitors! Believe me though there are a ton of great ideas and concepts waiting in the wings.

6. Custer

That one I do like so who knows…?

7. FOB Pacific War

I love the Pacific Campaigns but if they are so popular why is Iwo Jima one of our slower K&C sellers and why are Figarti’s Pacific War figures at half price???

8. German Navy

Yes, I like that idea too!

9. More Buildings

We’ve working on it. Watch this space…

Love ‘n’ kisses,

Andy - Sending you a big "TEXAS HELL - YEAH!" Thanks for the encouraging news in regards to the 7th Cavalry. I will not be purchasing the BlackHawk Custer Line in the anticipation that we will be seeing some of the "Son of the Morning Star" and his boys, riding some of that AWESOME K&C HORSEFLESH in the next year. Take all those NAP pieces and put 7th Cavalry and Red Men on them. I will buy every one!!!

Too bad on the WWII Pacific War sets, it’s sad to say that Andy is right about this series. Producing this series appears to be more of a labor love than profits. Too bad it’s a great story that most of the market isn’t interested in compared to other theaters of battles.

This is a big reason why I have so many vehicles and converted to this theme. I can’t imagine other manufacturers staying in this theme very much longer unless there is some kind of catalyst that triggers demand. However, if “Letters from Iwo Jima” and “Flags of our Fathers” doesn’t trigger demand what would? The reality of life is that, "profitability" is the life blood of companies and NOT the hopes and wishes of a few collectors (like me) unless both are in alignment.

Figarti and KC produce excellent examples of figures and vehicles in this theme and I have them all.

Sadly, I’m not even going to comment of the “Korean War” with more USMC forces deployed in a conflict people apparently most would like to forget. Enough with the negativity, this is still the best hobby around and I’m still having loads of fun with it.

Carlos

Carlos - I am with you on the WWII Pacific War Sets. I wonder if the Japanese Market or collectors of Japanese ancestry would increase the demand for the series if it wasn't called Iwo Jima? I am not being critical of the Iwo Jima name - I love it!!! It is just that the Pacific was much more than one battle. We all know that the Imperial Japanese Military kicked everyones butt for years and from what I understand the Japanese are still very reverant to their ancestors who faught in the war. In the end they may have lost the war, but they were winning it for a long time. If a series came out named for a battle that the Japanese were the victors, I wonder how it would sell?

The whole movie is full of great quotes. I know that, realistically, a Yangtze Patrol line would probably not sell well, but please endure my imagination.
To base a line on the movie Sand Pebbles would be hokey, though simply basing it on the US Navy patrols of Chinese waterways would be better. As mentioned earlier, there could be sailors in blues, whites, or dungarees, wearing tin helmets or dixie-cup hats, brandishing BARs, springfields and .45s. As for the Chinese, there could be peasants and Nationalist or Communist militias. One could even throw some European missionaries in there, though I don't think that would be necessary. I don't think a scale gunboat would be necessary either, but the scenics would be pretty interesting. This, perhaps, really just displays my obsession with US Naval History. To me, it epitomizes the fighting sailor and the initiative of the ideal junior officer.
Anyone who's interested could read a book called (aptly) Yangtze Patrol written by an old admiral who was a part of the gunboat operations.

Attachments

• sailor with M1903.jpg
    sailor with M1903.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 120

Users who are viewing this thread

Back