US shows for 2014 (3 Viewers)

Foxhole_Adam

Private 1st Class
Hi all,

I'm looking to incorporate a US Show next year into our holiday. We're still planning our US expedition so are pretty open to suggestions. We aren't tied into school holidays, in fact we'd try to avoid them.

So dates aren't a major factor, what I'm after is a really good show that I can get too. I was looking at Chicago, but have heard that the Texas Toy soldier show is pretty cool ( big difference in dates I know)

If I need to I'll grab an internal flight once we get to the states. Just looking for suggestions for a big show.

Thanks for any pointers

Adam

Hi Adam,

you got a number of shows to chose from throughout the year.

Here are some well known ones.

The Westcoaster Toy Soldier Show in Irvine, CA, usually in March.

The Texas Toy Soldier Show in San Antonio, TX, in May

The Chicago Show, in September

The Eastcoast Show in Hackensack, NJ, late October or early November

I believe, each one would make a welcome addition to a vacation schedule.

Cheers!

Konrad

I,ve been to the Texas Show, Indianappolis Show, talked to numerous people who have attended the Westcoaster & all the various East Coast shows and each and everyone of them will tell you the Chicago Show is the absolute best.
This will be my 22nd consecutive year attending Chicago, simply won,t miss it. Not knocking the Texas Show but I attended it 3 years ago and in 4 hours I had seen and done everything there is to do at the show itself. A lot to do in and around SanAntonio. While Chicago I get there Thrusday and am busy visting all the rooms, talking with collectors, everything to do with soldiers until Saturday evening.
If this is going to be a one time shot Chicago is it!
Gary

I haven't attended the West Coaster in Irvine or the Texas show but in terms of size, the best shows to attend are Chicago and Hackensack, in that order. The Valley Forge Show in May is quite large but I don't know if it's larger than the Texas Show.

If being able to talk to the industry leaders is what is important to you, I would recommend Chicago, the West Coaster and the Texas Show, in that order.

The one essential show you should attend is Chicago because it combines size, room trading and access to industry leaders like Andy Nielson of K & C, Rick Wang of Figarti, Ken Osen of Britain's, Thor of AeroArt, plus many others from all over the world.

At MFCA this year, we had 80 vendors with 200 tables, and approximately 1500 pieces in the exhibition.

When are you coming over, or are you planning your travel dates around any specific show dates?

Prost!
Brad

At MFCA this year, we had 80 vendors with 200 tables, and approximately 1500 pieces in the exhibition.

When are you coming over, or are you planning your travel dates around any specific show dates?

Prost!
Brad

Hi Brad,

I'm lucky that I vacation a few times a year so am pretty easy on dates.

I'm thinking Chicago as it will link up with some work bits next year ( I work with several US companies so can tie in work and pleasure)

Can't do this year but as it will be an out of Europe trip advance planning is needed. We like the idea of hitting the South first and moving up over a week or two

Users who are viewing this thread

Back