USMC Officer 1937 (1 Viewer)

PolarBear

Major
The officer from K&C's great new USMC series and its likely uniform plate inspiration

1. K&C US Marine Corps, Officer USMC001

2. Lt. United States Marine Corps, 1937 1st Marine Brigade at Quantico (Summer Field Service Uniform) plate from The Company of Military Historians. Military Uniforms in America: The Modern Era from 1868

Attachments

• USMC001.jpg
    USMC001.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 582
  • 1937USMCOfficer.jpg
    1937USMCOfficer.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 849
Just don't like the look of the hat, doesn't look properly scaled for lack of a better term, too Sombrero like?

Just don't like the look of the hat, doesn't look properly scaled for lack of a better term, too Sombrero like?

Yes, the brim ought to be straight out like in the uniform plate. Here are some photos showing the hat in use :

Attachments

• 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 376
  • 14.jpg
    14.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 272
  • 15.jpg
    15.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 300
  • WWII.jpg
    WWII.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 300
Proflle of hat as seen in Ted Toy figure:

Attachments

• DI-2.jpg
    DI-2.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 286
I don't know whether I would like to "eyeball" either of those two gentleman if I was a young recruit at Paris Island.

PolarBear: what and where did you get that Drill Instructor figure from? Do you have any others?.............Stryker
Ron - check out TedToy Miniatures - they ahve a line of USMC figures including this one - keith

The officer from K&C's great new USMC series and its likely uniform plate inspiration

1. K&C US Marine Corps, Officer USMC001

2. Lt. United States Marine Corps, 1937 1st Marine Brigade at Quantico (Summer Field Service Uniform) plate from The Company of Military Historians. Military Uniforms in America: The Modern Era from 1868

Impressive detective work. I had similar pictures (of vintage US Navy uniforms) on my office walls when I was in the Navy. Chris

Ron - check out TedToy Miniatures - they ahve a line of USMC figures including this one - keith

Thanks Keith, I have never seen that figure before--looks very good.

If you haven't been on the Pacific website lately go check out the new still photos they have--AWESOME combat ones, including fighting a jap tank!!...........Ron

I have ordered the new figure USM001, by the way i hope in the future we'll see the Marines as seen in "The Wind and the Lion"..early 20th century..they could get well with a "Boxer Rebellion" range full of various soldiers of many nationalities...

Attachments

• WE-BOX-005-Painted.jpg
    WE-BOX-005-Painted.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 104
  • WE-BOX-024-Painted.jpg
    WE-BOX-024-Painted.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 82
Thanks Keith, I have never seen that figure before--looks very good.

If you haven't been on the Pacific website lately go check out the new still photos they have--AWESOME combat ones, including fighting a jap tank!!...........Ron

I'll check it out asap - Happy Birthday USMC!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back