Victorian Park C.1900 ... a fun project (1 Viewer)

Wilsonedward

Memoriam Member
Hi guys,

Here's a couple of pics of a simple little park scene C.1900 I'm playing around with to eventually form a display for my WETS Australian Colonial range. The base is a piece of timber covered with grass matting, the path is model railway ballast and the brick edging is Hudson & Allen bricks all secured with white glue. The scenery is all by JG Miniatures and the figures are a mixture of a couple of WETS models, some Sarum figures and a sitting Trophy fellow. The scene is far from finished but the pics will give you an idea of what I'm trying to achieve in a limited space. My favourite piece is the beautiful water fountain by JG Miniatures and sadly no longer in production. I'll post more pics as the scene develops and more WETS figures make their way into the park.

Cheers,

Craig
WETS
wilsonedward.blogspot.com

Attachments

• IMG_2275.jpg
    IMG_2275.jpg
    206.3 KB · Views: 368
  • IMG_2277.jpg
    IMG_2277.jpg
    264.8 KB · Views: 347
  • IMG_2279.jpg
    IMG_2279.jpg
    238 KB · Views: 327
  • IMG_2281.jpg
    IMG_2281.jpg
    268.1 KB · Views: 351
  • IMG_2267.jpg
    IMG_2267.jpg
    261.3 KB · Views: 340
Your right Craig that fountain looks great,the whole DIO does,good to see something different on here looking forward to the finished product.

That is very cool !! That fountain is some size {eek3} and I love how the copper is keeping an eye on that dog :tongue:

This looks very nice. I do admire the subject very much.

The only time I remember seeing something like that is with Jim Hillestad in his Toy Soldier Museum several years ago. I take the liberty to repost some of the photos I took during my last visit as food for thought.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

WOW Andanna! Now that is some park!!!

I'll have to work very hard to make mine look half as good as that one {eek3}

Cheers,

Craig
WETS
wilsonedward.blogspot.com

This looks very nice. I do admire the subject very much.

The only time I remember seeing something like that is with Jim Hillestad in his Toy Soldier Museum several years ago. I take the liberty to repost some of the photos I took during my last visit as food for thought.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Please do not take it at all as discouragement. I posted it to give you more ideas. I like for example the blossoming trees, the street vendors etc. Also Jim picked a nice background, probably from a calendar.

IOt appears he may have painted the grass and the brick. Benches? Musicians?

I think I need to get into this subject .... It is a fun project. Congratulations.

You can see it if you ever make up here to PA to visit us, Craig. You'd love seeing Hillestad's museum. He's done what many of us dream of doing - building a separate house just for our collections.

I love your park, too. I'd like to do the same thing, but as a section of the Tiergarten or Unter den Linden in Berlin circa 1900.

Prost!
Brad

Thanks for the encouragement guys, much appreciated.

I'll post more pics as I develop the park and add more of my own painted civilians and other bits and pieces including more shrubs and grass etc to hide the tree bases and blend everything together a little more. A nice backdrop and better photography will also make a big difference. I still haven't settled on the placement of everything yet either and that JG fountain, as beautiful as it is, is bloody HUGE!

Cheers,

Craig

PS ... and of course, I must add a "NO DOGS IN PARK" sign so that copper can do his thing :smile2:

You can see it if you ever make up here to PA to visit us, Craig. You'd love seeing Hillestad's museum. He's done what many of us dream of doing - building a separate house just for our collections.

I love your park, too. I'd like to do the same thing, but as a section of the Tiergarten or Unter den Linden in Berlin circa 1900.

Prost!
Brad

Nice job Craig love the fact that its an Aussie park. Great to see more of the finished scene. Wish I had more space to do something like this.

Regards John

Users who are viewing this thread

Back