Village Green and Animals suggestions (2 Viewers)

Grey Heron

Sergeant Major
Hello WBritains Team,

I'm enjoying collecting your civilians and animals. You mention you will be covering the ACW period and 1800s (Europe?) for civilians in particular.

I would like to make a few suggestions please as the American Revolution is not mentioned for civilians.

Can we have a few civilians for the American Revolution? Namely farmers with hay fork, scythe etc. You have hay stacks and harvested corn/pumpkins in your catalogue so these folk would be lovely. Town/village folk for consideration. I love the American Revolution Militia and could see some of these with farm implements.

Generic civilians: Farmer milking cow. Farmer leading cow to be milked. Cows grazing. Flock of geese being feed by child etc. Additional chickens to increase flock size.

Finally: The Headless Horseman.

Thank you for reading.

Cheers,
Grey

I think you will be pleasantly surprised with the new additions to the Village Green this year. People of all ages and social classes, buildings and accessories. It helps that Ericka and I have been involved in Living History for most of our lives and have a well connected network of historians we continue to work with.
Ken

I think you will be pleasantly surprised with the new additions to the Village Green this year. People of all ages and social classes, buildings and accessories. It helps that Ericka and I have been involved in Living History for most of our lives and have a well connected network of historians we continue to work with.
Ken

Thank you Ken for this news. Appreciate yours, Ericka and others efforts in making it all possible for collectors.

Cheers,
Grey

I was panning through your Facebook page and came across some pics of your upcoming cows. Great work and love the colour variations on the two possible sets?

Cheers and thanks.
Grey

I was panning through your Facebook page and came across some pics of your upcoming cows. Great work and love the colour variations on the two possible sets?

Cheers and thanks.
Grey
We will be posting more new images on our facebook page in the next few days!
ken

While not so much into the civilians, they are a great addition, especially for use in Bull Run. So if they looked good i would get them.
very interested in the farm animals as i have your beautiful Civil War farm, barn and fencing

Thanks for showing your upcoming bovine sets on your Facebook page...they look fantastic! Look forward to purchasing the sets when they become available.

Cheers,
Grey

Two sets of cows an a flock of sheep are up for pre-order on WBritains website. Thank you WBritains.

I just received some Britains figures from Brett at The Military workshop. Got some ACW, Zulu War and a set of the Brown cows.the cows are magnificently sculpted and painted and come in a nice box. However, they are plastic. They are very expensive for plastic and at that price point I assumed they were metal. They cost me $135AUD for 4 plastic cows and one is a baby. I was going to buy the other set later but in an expensive hobby that is exceptionally bad value.
Jas

I just received some Britains figures from Brett at The Military workshop. Got some ACW, Zulu War and a set of the Brown cows.the cows are magnificently sculpted and painted and come in a nice box. However, they are plastic. They are very expensive for plastic and at that price point I assumed they were metal. They cost me $135AUD for 4 plastic cows and one is a baby. I was going to buy the other set later but in an expensive hobby that is exceptionally bad value.
Jas

I would have thought the cows to be in resin, however, Brett did mention that larger boxes do attract heavier shipping costs as they are couriered by FedEx. I was looking to some WBritains Maple trees, unfortunately I'll need to order these myself. I'll look to some cows in the future.

I would have thought the cows to be in resin, however, Brett did mention that larger boxes do attract heavier shipping costs as they are couriered by FedEx. I was looking to some WBritains Maple trees, unfortunately I'll need to order these myself. I'll look to some cows in the future.
Maybe they are resin and nit plastic. Still its expensive resin

Here are a couple more new additions headed your way for the Village Green collection. Laundry was the never ending task for women until reliable washing machines were commonly available, at least in industrialized countries. This mid 19th century lady is ready to hang linens so they can dry and bleach in the sun. The second figure is a late 18th/early 19th century lady selling fresh strawberries, a seasonal item that everyone looked forward to. I always consider how lucky we are that we can buy almost anything any time of the year now. Both of these figures were based on photos of friends that posed in their reproduction clothing to get the details right.

Attachments

• IMG_5894.jpeg
    IMG_5894.jpeg
    208 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_5837.jpeg
    IMG_5837.jpeg
    220.4 KB · Views: 55
These are lovely sets WBritain. Once again you lead the way in civilians for the 18th/19th Century. Would love to see this year some civilians for the early 18th century please. American Revolution etc. Thanks again for your wonderful work in this field.

Cheers,
Grey

These are lovely sets WBritain. Once again you lead the way in civilians for the 18th/19th Century. Would love to see this year some civilians for the early 18th century please. American Revolution etc. Thanks again for your wonderful work in this field.

Cheers,
Grey

The strawberry seller should work for AWI!

I would love to see a reissue of the Hudson and Allen barn. It goes with so many ranges. Its great to see so many civilians that would work fir acw. Could do a great 1st Manassas dio

Users who are viewing this thread

Back