War Along the Nile - new releases for 2016? (1 Viewer)

aujj65

Colonel
There appears to be plenty of new figures for FIW, WW2 & Norseman ranges coming out this year, but so far not a mention of any new releases for the WAN. I know that there will be new figures in the future but is there a chance of a hint of what is due, as it's been well over a year since I've bought the last new ones.

Jeff

This steamer may have sailed Jeff^&grin, hope there is something more to come. Robin.

There appears to be plenty of new figures for FIW, WW2 & Norseman ranges coming out this year, but so far not a mention of any new releases for the WAN. I know that there will be new figures in the future but is there a chance of a hint of what is due, as it's been well over a year since I've bought the last new ones.

Jeff

Think this range will be on the back burner for WB, pity as I liked the range, but they have other ranges which at the minute hold their appeal, WW2, Viking, etc.

Think this range will be on the back burner for WB, pity as I liked the range, but they have other ranges which at the minute hold their appeal, WW2, Viking, etc.

I hope there are new additions this year as it is the only Britains range I collect at present. Thou I am tempted to collect the Viking range.

I hope there are new additions this year as it is the only Britains range I collect at present. Thou I am tempted to collect the Viking range.

The Vikings Britain's are producing are very nice figures and so tempting as you say, though since I like to dip into a few of the ranges including War along the Nile as well as my main interest of Naps, it's a range I will enjoy just looking at other peoples collections and dioramas.
Steve

The Vikings Britain's are producing are very nice figures and so tempting as you say, though since I like to dip into a few of the ranges including War along the Nile as well as my main interest of Naps, it's a range I will enjoy just looking at other peoples collections and dioramas.
Steve

I have cut my Britains, getting rid of my Zulus, WOTN has fallen off a cliff, so none to buy. Clash of Empires I really liked but this is now been amalgamated so will not buy too many, as I thought they would continue for the 7 year war era. Collect enough WW2 with K & C and T Gunn and I just do not like the Vikings, have loads of the Conte Viking sets, but the Britains ones just do not do it for me, I think the poses are too staged and look 'stiff'. Know a lot of people do like them, but in my opinion they do not just 'look right'.

On War of the Nile and the Clash of Empires, I decide to buy J Jenkins as they fit together, now have 23 sets for the War of the Nile and 5 sets which fit Clash of Empires from J Jenkins, so will not be short of sets to buy.........

My fear is that Britains is going meat and potatoes, ARW, ACW, and WWII.

In an earlier thread this year Ken said that he would be putting out new WAN this year and whetted my appetitie. I hope that he come out with a Camel Corp Flag bearer. There is not one Flag bearer yet in this range for the British and only one for the Mahdist. It give the diorama much more color and this is one of the last wars that they carried the flag into battle.

I am holding Ken to his teaser that there will be new WAN this year but he did not say what time of year. Also a Krupp gun would be appropriate for the Battle of Abu Klea.

Howard Hulsebosch

Hi Howard

Britain's did a limited edition Camel mounted flag bearer for the Mahdists a few years ago for MKL, A quick check on their website showed they still have it listed.

wb27031-william-britain-madhist-mounted-on-camel-charging-with-flag-limited-edition-6123-p[ekm]1.jpg

Regards
Steve

Hi Howard

Britain's did a limited edition Camel mounted flag bearer for the Mahdists a few years ago for MKL, A quick check on their website showed they still have it listed.

View attachment 189901

Regards
Steve

That is a nice looking figure. Thanks for the heads up. I will check it out but if it is like their Medic and stretcher bearer camels for the Camel Corp it is probably crowding $200.00. I would really like to see the Union Jack flying on a camel or at least an infantry figure. Also maybe a few cavalry figures on horseback.

Thanks
Howard

i now this year there will be come some new egyptian figures and mahdist figures.i can use some egyptian figures for my nile gunboat.

Well there are two new highlanders for this range in the catalogue, but it looks like on is the same as 27062 but without the facial hair. Looking forward to the new offering for the Nile series. Need something to use my £10 voutcher on.

Paul

Well there are two new highlanders for this range in the catalogue, but it looks like on is the same as 27062 but without the facial hair. Looking forward to the new offering for the Nile series. Need something to use my £10 voutcher on.

Paul

Here's hoping that the Summer Catalogue brings happy returns for WAN series. I am waiting with baited breath.

Howard Hulsebosch

Looks like from a photo over on the Britains website that as well as the Black Watch in Grey tunics they will be releasing figures from the Anglo-Egyptian War of 1882. since I see Black Watch in Red Tunics and Egyptians in Summer White uniforms. Looking forward to the release of these !
Steve

Looks like from a photo over on the Britains website that as well as the Black Watch in Grey tunics they will be releasing figures from the Anglo-Egyptian War of 1882. since I see Black Watch in Red Tunics and Egyptians in Summer White uniforms. Looking forward to the release of these !
Steve

Iam not sure if this will be a distraction for the range as there is still so much scope for the Anglo Sudan war. Time will tell.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back