Wars of the Roses anyone ? (1 Viewer)

Old Bill

Sergeant First Class
This is one of my favourite figures from my collection.
He is one of three unique John Jenkins figures that were only obtainable from JJD UK to commemorate their first three London Toy Soldier Shows.

Of the three however, I was intrigued to see it was the only one out of the three to have a series (?) number - WOR-01. ( WOR - Wars of the Roses? ) I formed the impression ( actually - was hoping!! ) it was to be the start of a new series.
Since then then ..............I've heard nothing!

Over in this "Sceptred Isle" this year, there has been quite a resurgence of interest in the Wars of the Roses - The "White Queen" TV Series, the first volume by Conn Iggulden in his Wars of the Roses series and of course
the discovery of the Body of Richard the III in Leicester. ( and for what it's worth, I think he should be re-buried in York! )

I know a lot of other manufacturers are producing Mediaeval lines but I would dearly love to see John do a Wars of the Roses series.

Just out of interest, would anyone else be interested in seeing one??

Cheers, Roy.

Attachments

• P1010174.JPG
    P1010174.JPG
    353.2 KB · Views: 379
  • P1010176.JPG
    P1010176.JPG
    361.7 KB · Views: 377
Yes, definitely! I think at present John's plate is full with WWI, FIW, Jacobites, SYW and the Peninsular Campaigns.
Maybe in the future.

...the funny thing here for me is that I'd recently been contemplating that JJD would be great at something Mediaeval.....but what I had in mind was either Bannockburn or Flodden.....

...I have to agree with nysoldiers.....the existing ranges that JJD works in makes them (in my mind) the leaders in these areas....and the plate is full.....especially with all of us asking for additional figures from our favourite periods....

...JJD would make stunning Mediaeval....

I think it would be a great series for JJD to produce. A number of toy soldier makers are now doing a medieval range, but none of these are War of the Roses. I love John's sculpting style and the way he thinks how figures relate to each other in telling a story. - A War of the Roses range produced by JJD would be a 'must have' for me - Beautifully colorful figures + fascinating subject.

Would collect all the JJD ranges if I could afford it. Instead, I have to keep my collecting to a few of the different series which hold my greatest interest. A big part keeping that interest up is the availability of interesting reading (in English) on the subject. No problem there with War of the Roses.

I'd buy every figure produced if it was done.

(like I just did with the FL Agincourts!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back