Warwings Modern Aircraft Release (1 Viewer)

wayne556517

Lieutenant General
IMG_0021.jpg

IMG_0039.jpg

IMG_0040.jpg

IMG_0026.jpg

IMG_0028.jpg

Dear All welcome to our latest newsletter featuring 3 all new wooden aircraft, this newsletter is rather unique in that all these aircraft are postwar, something we have never ventured into before. All our aircraft are handmade from Mahogany and it takes over 60 hours of work to complete each one. They are also extremely limited in number and are sold on a first come first served basis.

Our first aircraft is the Seafire (WOW034) which was a carrier-borne derivative of the Spitfire, featuring an arrestor hook, cut down rear fuselage and folding wings. A very noticeable difference between this final version of the Seafire and other earlier Spitfires was the contra-rotating propellers which were fitted to all MK 47's, this gave the Seafire a very distinctive appearance. The Seafire saw action in Korea and the Malayan emergency, our aircraft portrays a Seafire from 800 Sqn during the Korean War. The attached photos show an Army Commando sentry guarding the aircraft (which is included free) and also some great looking K&C USAAF figures carrying out maintenance (which are not included and are shown for scale purposes only). It may seem strange to show American ground-crew working on a British fighter but this was a common theme in Korea where the United Nations often pooled resources in this manner. Our 1/30 scale model is limited to 12 in number worldwide and priced at $599 plus P&P which includes the Commando sentry figure.

Our second aircraft is the superb looking Gripen fighter plane (WOW033) from Sweden. Entering service in 1997 and now flying with several airforces around the world, the Gripen has to be one of the most beautiful and aerodynamic modern fighters in service today. The Gripen is a single seat aircraft powered by a Volvo RM12 Afterburner fan engine. there is also a 2 seat trainer version. The Gripen is in service with Sweden, Hungary, Czech Republic, South Africa and Brazil which has also stated interest in a carrier version. The Gripen is designed to operate from a snow strip of 800m plus and can be rearmed and refueled in less than 10 minutes under combat conditions. Capable of speeds up to MACH 2 the Gripen is one of the most cost effective and flexible fighters on the market today. The Gripen is just over 46ft long with a wingspan of approximately 27ft, our 1/35 scale sample is what I would describe as a nice size and is actually longer in length than our 1/30 scale ME262! Unfortunately we only have 2 Gripen available although another version may come later, the retail price for this model is $599 and I can guarantee they will not be around for long!

Our Third aircraft is a custom made model made for 2 clients who contacted us specifically for an A10 Warthog and is not available on general release. However it's such an awesome looking piece we figured you would enjoy the pictures regardless. The A10 Warthog was built by Fairchild in the 1970's and saw widespread service with the USAAF, in fact it is still in frontline service but is also now being allocated to some Air National Guard units. Designed mainly for the Anti tank/personnel role, the A10 Warthog can absorb a huge amount of battlefield damage due to the 540kg of armour round the cockpit and other vital areas. Armed with a 30mm Gatling gun and a wide variety of underwing weapons, the A10 is a fearsome opponent on the battlefield. Something like 900 Iraqi tanks and 1200 artillery pieces were destroyed by A10's in the First Gulf War and it is still seeing action in the Middle East against ISIS today. The A10 is 53ft long and has a wingspan of 57ft which makes our 1/30 scale model something of a beast and our biggest yet! We made 2 versions, a gear up variant in flight mode and a gear down version, both are in the 2 tone grey paint scheme which is common to many modern aircraft these days. We do plan on making a limited edition 1/35 scale version of the A10 in gear up flight mode, sporting the green European woodland colour scheme (picture attached). If you are interested in registering for this unique aircraft please email me at your earliest convenience and I will also answer any questions you may have. Delivery of the 1/35 scale version is expected to be middle of June 2016 so plenty of time to save up your pennies!

All our aircraft come with the option to spread payments over 3 months, if you are interested in the Seafire, Gripen or the future A10 please email me by tapping reply to this email! For all you WW1 fans there will be a Bristol F.2 fighter and an AMC DH2 also coming this month as well as 2 new German aircraft. October will see the first of our WW2 USMC aircraft and a very unique looking German Albatros. Thank you for taking the time to read this newsletter and if you no longer wish to receive correspondence from us, please reply typing 'UNSUBSCRIBE' in the header and we will remove you from our contacts. For those of you who are waiting on our 1/30 scale figure release, these will be announced on Monday 14th September and will also be available a couple of days later as our shipment has already left China for the UK.

Best wishes Vicki Lucas

Gunn Miniatures Marketing Manager

IMG_0081_1.jpg

IMG_0078_1.jpg

IMG_0072_1.jpg

IMG_0071_1.jpg

IMG_0067_1.jpg

IMG_0065_1.jpg

IMG_0064_1.jpg

Those are really gorgeous aircraft. I don't do jets but I understand the appeal those sleek aircraft have. I am very interested to see the upcoming WW1 aircraft releases, especially the DH-2. I would expect that the DH-2 and F2b will sell out very rapidly. Very impressive releases, TGM. -- Al

I was strongly considering the Warthog, but I see it is not available. Looking forward to the next models.

I was strongly considering the Warthog, but I see it is not available. Looking forward to the next models.

It's a lovely looking model that really captures the lines of the aircraft, but it is horribly let down by the lack of detail on the main gun - arguably it's most notable feature.

I really like it and I am interested in purchasing the production one that is due out in 2016, the only thing that bothers me is that there is no pilot in the wheels up version.

Who is flying it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back