Way to post old pics? (1 Viewer)

nmrocks

2nd Lieutenant
I have pics attached to threads going back to 2007, is there a easy way to insert these pics into a new thread?, I've tried to copy and paste, that doesn't work? I can copy and post the link but not the actual photo?
Ray
file:///C:/Users/raydad/Desktop/hobby/r232c.jpg

I have pics attached to threads going back to 2007, is there a easy way to insert these pics into a new thread?, I've tried to copy and paste, that doesn't work? I can copy and post the link but not the actual photo?
Ray
file:///C:/Users/raydad/Desktop/hobby/r232c.jpg

Have you tried to click on the pic save it to your PC and then reload it on your thread ??

Don't know what computer you have, but 'Sniper' is included in the software of many computers. If not, you can easily download it . . . I believe it's a freebie. You simply click on the icon, move the cursor to form a rectangle over that part of he picture you want, right click "Save" , name it and save into whatever file you want. If it's an old pic, you might want to use your photo processor of choice to correct and sharpen the resulting image.

Bosun Al

Don't know what computer you have, but 'Sniper' is included in the software of many computers. If not, you can easily download it . . . I believe it's a freebie. You simply click on the icon, move the cursor to form a rectangle over that part of he picture you want, right click "Save" , name it and save into whatever file you want. If it's an old pic, you might want to use your photo processor of choice to correct and sharpen the resulting image.

Bosun Al

Well seems like a lot of work to post a pic that's already on the site, even on one of my own threads, I wanted to post several old pics and if I have to save and process, well call me lazy but I'm just looking for a way to clip and paste which the forum system doesn't seem to allow even within it's own system?
Ray

If you right click on an image and go to 'properties,' you can then save the whole web URL for the image. Then, in the post you want to make, click on the 'Insert Image' button (it is in the second row of the options you see when posting and looks like a little picture), click on 'from URL,' then paste the text you'd saved into that line. It should then show up just fine.

Are you just uploading image files into your posts, or do you use a hosting site, like Photobucket, and use the links that site may generate? If so, an alternative is to go back to the hosting site and grab that link again.

Prosit!
Brad

If you right click on an image and go to 'properties,' you can then save the whole web URL for the image. Then, in the post you want to make, click on the 'Insert Image' button (it is in the second row of the options you see when posting and looks like a little picture), click on 'from URL,' then paste the text you'd saved into that line. It should then show up just fine.

Thank you Peter, that did it if you uncheck the box in the URL
Ray

Users who are viewing this thread

Back