Werner Baumbach's Ju88 (1 Viewer)

Nice plane but why all the white lines all over it, what is the purpose of those lines as i have never seen them on an actual plane

Nice plane but why all the white lines all over it, what is the purpose of those lines as i have never seen them on an actual plane

Blake with TG can probably explain better......but I'll give it a go.

The plane is made of kiln dried Philippine Mahogany and the lines you see represent panel lines that helps give the aircraft more definition. The lines, for whatever reason, are more pronounced in my photos than in person. These aircraft are exceptionally well made and amazing display pieces.

I hope this helps.

Mark

Unfortunately, K & C does this too with some (but not all) of their Connoisseur planes. My recollection is that they did it with their polystone planes too. Can’t say I like it.

BRILLIANT mate well done, look forward to many a hangar + plane pic.

blake with tg can probably explain better......but i'll give it a go.

The plane is made of kiln dried philippine mahogany and the lines you see represent panel lines that helps give the aircraft more definition. The lines, for whatever reason, are more pronounced in my photos than in person. These aircraft are exceptionally well made and amazing display pieces.

I hope this helps.

Mark
the planes i have seen in europe and america have panels and the lines if any are darker because its where the panels meet.
Somebody somewhere thought this would make the planes more appealing . Its just not for me so i have my own planes made when i do not see one on the market i like. I would ask the manufactures to go awys from this typle of highlighting

Mark,

This is beautiful work! Thanks for sharing pictures of your diorama on the forum.

Kind regards,

Alex

Users who are viewing this thread

Back