West Coast Show Updates (1 Viewer)

HobbyBunker

Corporal
We just sent a few thousand postcards out to colelctors this week.

We have over 60 tables sold so far.

The first room block has sold out and we opened more rooms up.

Hop to see you next month!

Thanks, Matt

more info at matt@hobbybunker.com

To my west coast buddies, I will be coming in for the show arriving Thursday at noon and leaving out Monday Morning. Gives me a good excuse to come for nice weather this time of year!!

Tom

Tried to get a room at the Delta Marriott yesterday at WC show rates and was told that they had sold out. A quick email to Matt resulted in his arranging for more rooms . . . thank you Matt! So there are now some additional rooms at the show price . . . at a savings of about $50/night! So go for it while they're available. Hopefully I'll be able to get on the seller's floor as I want to start selling my collection of 54mm figure.

Bosun Al

Matt.....thank you for posting this information. I am looking forward to the show.

Mark

Hey everyone.

I'll be going to the Westcoaster this year unless I get COVID for a 3rd time.

I will be taking lots of pictures for the Sunday Show.

Carlos

We have over 80 tables confirmed and 80 room night booked!

The show is shaping up. 3500 postcards were mailed and flyers sent to over 60 places. We are just starting a social media campaign now.

Great news!
Andy Neilson and Laura McAllister Johnson, owners of King and Country will be attending the show on Sunday.
They won't be selling but will be there as guests to chat, etc.

Great news!
Andy Neilson and Laura McAllister Johnson, owners of King and Country will be attending the show on Sunday.
They won't be selling but will be there as guests to chat, etc.

Many thanks Matt,
both Laura and myself are very much looking forward to seeing you and a whole bunch of old friends at the Show on Sunday 27 February.
Also congratulations Matt for keeping the ‘WestCoaster’ going in the most difficult of difficult situations!
All the best,
Andy & Laura and KING & COUNTRY TEXAS.

Going to be a great year indeed since I've crammed this into my schedule as well!
Looking forward to seeing many of you in person once again!

Julie

Many thanks Matt,
both Laura and myself are very much looking forward to seeing you and a whole bunch of old friends at the Show on Sunday 27 February.
Also congratulations Matt for keeping the ‘WestCoaster’ going in the most difficult of difficult situations!
All the best,
Andy & Laura and KING & COUNTRY TEXAS.

Andy, looking forward to seeing you!!! You get Hans too, we both land on Thursday.

Tom

Excited about the show. I plan to attend Sunday. Very much look forward to meeting those of you who will be attending. :salute::

As a quick fyi, I am going to bring some older long retired Aeroart, Arsenyev, etc. pieces with me for sale - St. Petersburg figures. Couple of themes are Romans, Knights of various periods, both mounted and standing, maybe a few Ancients and crusaders. They are duplicates from my collection, all excellent or better condition. They will be fairly priced. Unfortunately, I can only bring a small amount due to flying and fragility!

I will most likely be stationed at one of the Hobby Bunker tables on Sunday if this is of interest or you are looking for any St. Petersburg figures. I guarantee they will be unique in that you don't see what I am bringing with me everyday!

Looking forward to the trip!
Tom

tried to get a room at the delta marriott yesterday at wc show rates and was told that they had sold out. A quick email to matt resulted in his arranging for more rooms . . . Thank you matt! So there are now some additional rooms at the show price . . . At a savings of about $50/night! So go for it while they're available. Hopefully i'll be able to get on the seller's floor as i want to start selling my collection of 54mm figure.

Bosun al
what mfg's are you selling? Any trophy?

Show was awesome today. Great seeing Craig and Woody, meeting Andy Neilson and seeing so many other great folks. Business looked pretty brisk too- always a plus! Even ran into some fellow Cal Guard vets, albeit a generation prior!

I enjoyed the show as I always do, but it was a lot different from previous shows. This is no way a reflection on the way Treefrog ran it, but rather the times. There were probably less than 20 rooms open before the show . . . including mine . . . with good traffic, but sales were down. There seemed to be little interest in 54mm lead figures, even at deep discounts. Another indication that they're on the way out. But the biggest difference was it the absence of long-time 54mm sellers. Craig McClain was there for a short time, but not selling; Bill Hocker, Scott Morlan, Ray Haradin, and Bill Muesling (excuse me of there are some misspellings here) were absent. We had a moment of silence for Ed Ruby, Bill Connolly, and Bob Fisher who had all passed since the last West Coaster. The best moments were spent with old-timers such as Bruce Hebron, Bob Walker, Mike Tarantino, Woody Lambirth, DeAnna and Nick among others.

Hopefully, the rest of the sellers did well. I understand that the turnout of sellers was fairly good. Am looking forward to the next show, only 362 says away, but perhaps not as a seller. But the best part is always visiting with the old guys!

Bosun Al

Great show and kudos to Matt Murphy of Hobby Bunker for pulling it off! While it was smaller than the old days, I saw a lot of buying and general happiness from attendees.

I also enjoyed what it brought back, the comradery and fun and social part of the hobby. It was great dining and discussing with Andy, Laura, Hans, Steven, Julie (TF) and many others. Even saw an appearance from Greg Guy!

There were also some great finds as always at the show - mine in particular was a War Elephant from the Marlborough Silk Road series, A Bruce Hebron WW1 Truck with crew and I also found 4 German Shepherd dogs (Elastolin) from a Swedish seller. Sales were good too as I sold 50% of the Aeroart I brought!

All in all , great time!!
Tom

Was a good show for my first time! A quick 48 hours and then back in the office.
Got to meet some people for the first time in person - Rob, Seff, Ryan, among others.....

Always nice to catch up with Tom & Hans, Steven, Greg & his daughter, Andy & Laura as well!

A couple of pics of of some of the crew hanging in my room for 'social hour' and a few during the Show.
Andy was kind enough to sign some boxes for a new Collector, Caleb, at my table on Sunday as well.

SocialHourWC2022small.jpg
Greg, myself, Hans, Tom, Steven

RobJ2022WCsmall.jpg
Robert J

AndyWC2022.jpg
Caleb & Andy with one of his purchases and his wife!

Thanks to Matt for putting on a good show and hopefully I can attend again next year.

Julie

Users who are viewing this thread

Back