West Coaster Show 2024? (1 Viewer)

HobbyBunker

Corporal
Hello folks,
A quick update...The Delta Hotel has basically doubled their price for 2024. I will be looking for a new venue. It will most likely be in the same area but closer to Knott's Berry farm. I am looking at doing a 2 Day show. Unfortunately room trading may be a think of the past.

The hotel gave us a lot of headaches last year.

Thanks, Matt
matt@hobbybunker.com

It has been a struggle to find an affordable place.

We are shooting for March 3rd or 10th.

I am currently in negotiations with a place in Pasadena on the route of the parade right of 2 freeways.

I got priced out in about 20 locations so far from Costa Mesa, Long Beach, Garden Grove, LA Mirada and more. Getting tired of looking and calling. Most places want about $10K. Our budget is about half that.

It's getting tougher and tougher to stage anything bigger than a one-day show at a VFW or fire hall. Venues like a hotel often can make more money in the same time slot with dinners, receptions, and similar events.

Prost!
Brad

That’s getting farther away from the airports. Have you tried Anaheim or Norwalk, southern Orange County, or, as Denver mentioned, San Diego, maybe something not to far from Camp Pendleton?

It this point I have contacted about 30 places.

I have 3 in the works. One in Pasadena(elks), One in Cosa Mesa (crowne plaza) - both would be March 3 or 10

or my best bet may be a place in Buena Park (double Tree) - possibly 3/24 - waiting for call backs.

Costa Mesa would be good, not that far from John Wayne Airport.

How many of the Camp Pendleton Marines
played with Toy Soldiers?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back