west coaster show (1 Viewer)

sammy719

Major
Hello friends, i have been collecting k&c wwii for about 2 years now and absolutely love it, but i haven"t had a chance to go to any of the big soldier show's like chicago show, and i was wondering if any of you have attended the west coaster in irvine ca.?? i have heard alot of god things about the show but it never hurt's to ask around, because i like to find some retired wwii item's,so if you have any information please let me know, thank you and long live the king and country!!! sammy

Last edited:
Its definitely one of the better shows. Andy & Gordon Nielson of K&C will be there with custom dioramas & new releases, Rick Wang & the Figarti Team will give a "shock & awe" presentation with their newest stuff, and the founder, Bob Fisher, is one of the true gentlemen of the hobby. If you can go you should.

It's actually not a very big show from what I've heard but has the distinction of being one of the first important shows because of King and Country's and Figarti's participation.

Carlos and Steven have provided great reports in the past so let's hope they go again. Are you planning on going?

I'll be there, Hope to make Sierra's get together and sunday, I'll bring my camera.
Ray

Check out the following link:
http://thewestcoaster.com/westcoasterphotogallery.html

Frankly the pictures don't do the event justice. A great time can be had by all. I love the room trading that usually starts on Thursday but really picks up by Friday evening.

It's smaller than Chicago but I bet most shows are. However, many of the big names will be there in person from King and Country, Britains, Figarti, etc.

Usually Mike from “Sierra” hosts an event on Saturday for KC and Rick Wang usually has a very nice event too.

The Sunday show is fun too, usually opened up with Woody from "Old Toy Soldiers of San Diego" on bag pipes with a "re-enactors trailing behind him.

Yes, the big name manufactures do preview there upcoming releases in advance.

I can't wait,

Carlos

The actual show will be on March 2 but again room trading usually starts a couple of days prior to the event.

Yes, Steven and I will be there taking pictures and reporting on the event as usual.

Hey, what about you guys from KCUK TV; are you coming?

Carlos

... because i like to find some retired wwii item's ...
Dear Sammy,
Some of the dealers usually have retired WWII K&C stuff for sale.:) However, there is rarely any bargains.:( One good thing about this being a smaller show than Chicago is that Andy Neilson has lots of time to talk with you about K&C and future plans.:D

Carlos and Steven have provided great reports in the past so let's hope they go again. Are you planning on going?
Yes, I will be driving down to Irvine with Ed Fangonilo of Edmund's Traditional Toy Soldiers on Thursday.:)

I'll be getting there early Saturday afternoon, hopefully in time to get some goodies from the room sales. Mike (UCLA 1967) usually has a table with Hiriarts and other goodies. Good show and good times!

Al

The show is a bit smaller than Chicago. However last year there were 180 tables in the Ballroom and display tables out front. I believe over 150 tables are reserved so far, and more dealers are calling for info.
Many people said they did almost as good in the rooms as the show, with a few even dooing better!
O.C.

I'll be in Orange County early Saturday morning. The show should be great but I really wish they would have it in the Bay area. God I hate LA and the Dodgers and Lakers to boot.

Later dudes

MCKENNA

I'll be in Orange County early Saturday morning. The show should be great but I really wish they would have it in the Bay area. God I hate LA and the Dodgers and Lakers to boot.

Later dudes

MCKENNA

If it were not for Anaheim there would be no Disneyland:eek:

To Quote the little girl in Hook" You need a Mommy real real bad!"
:p:p:p:p:p
:D Ya'know..There are other locations of interest in SoCal.,,Besides the "TempletotheGiantRatwiththeOutstretchedPalm"
There are beaches very close.The SanDiego Wild Animal Park is about an hour south. etc..O.C.:rolleyes:

:D Ya'know..There are other locations of interest in SoCal.,,Besides the "TempletotheGiantRatwiththeOutstretchedPalm"
There are beaches very close.The SanDiego Wild Animal Park is about an hour south. etc..O.C.:rolleyes:

Is the giant rat a politician?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back