Weston Tadpole (2 Viewers)

Krieglok

Private
I had this Weston Tadpole tank sitting in my collection for a while. I finally pulled it down and gave it a paint and weathering job.

I cleaned up the minimal plastic flaws and drilled out the Mortar. Spray painted the base color and brush painted everything else. Now to find some crew or riders to go with it..

Tom

That's some impressive vehicle. Doubt that WWI tank-trench designs would have stopped it crossing successfully, although I wonder how vulnerable to rollover it might have been.

-Moe

I read somewhere that there are instructions on how to convert this model into a standard Mark IV tank. If anyone has this info, can you post it here?

Thanks,
Oddball

You are very welcome. Here is the Weston German A7V I also painted. It is a very nice model with plenty of moving parts...except for the tracks.

Tom

That looks very interesting! I have been perusing WW1 tank kits but haven't settled on one to try yet. I have built many WW2/modern AFVs but never a WW1 tank.

The kit pictured looks like 1/48 scale. Is that a good guess?

Tom

That's some impressive vehicle. Doubt that WWI tank-trench designs would have stopped it crossing successfully, although I wonder how vulnerable to rollover it might have been.

-Moe

I believe they shelved the idea as the Tadpole was rather structurally weak in the added tail section. The Germans were digging 12' wide trenches to defeat the MkIVs so they needed something. A bulldozer blade to fill a trench would have been a good idea, but they went with "fascines" instead...

Tom

Users who are viewing this thread

Back