What do NAP fans think of the New Coldstream releases (3 Viewers)

OldDragon

Master Sergeant
Hello All

I absolutely like the mounted officer, the pioneer, the wounded set and the camp follower. These sculpts are new & different and can complement to the existing CG line up.

As for the new marching figures ... I am less certain, for they dun really add to the existing figures, who are in a firing line. Dont get me wrong, I will still get all of them ... but I would perhaps have gotten more, if the new releases added to a humongous firing line or a square.

More camp followers will always be welcomed. ;)

What do others think ?

OD

OD,

I highly agree with you comments about more camp followers. I've stated in another post that my wife thinks I need more women in my collection, so I've got Nurses, Camp followers on the "Retreat to Corunna" series by ATS and the K&C Cantiniere NA 124 but NO Egyptian Dancing Girls......

This new 'lady' will go well at the table serving the 4 French Cavalry in NA82 so lets have more figures in 'relaxed' poses, as most of the time spent in the forces is 'Hurry up and wait' not fighting! That also goes for the wounded carrying wounded officer, more of that sort of figure too... do I feel that they are priminig up for battlefield hospital set, similar to the new ACW sets? A generic doctor and nurse would go great on either side of the conflict.

The marching poses are pretty 'normal' but I'd love to see then lined up en-mass as I'm sure they will look very impressive coming onto the battlefield, but where is an RSM....

Thats my thoughts...

John

I agree with the comments below. I like the Camp follower (nice addition to my NA082 set I concur) and Saving the boy ones since they are more original. The other ones are nice but more conventional or expected. :)

hello all,

I like the additions, because they are marching and an masse the will look nice. On the fghting side the carrying is nice. Camp follower can be used in different set ups (like to see more of them).

As far as i can see there all flank company. Mabay some day a centre compagny?

I wil be but in doubt about the numbers. Must see them amass.

Still missing English cavalery, would be nice to see them comming. But have te wait a while I think.

Greetings to all.

Richard.

I would have liked to see advancing or even charging instead of marching but they should look good en mass.

We need more French line infantry and artillery. Still no Fusiliers for column attacks!

Hi All

I would have liked ,king and country to have produced, more British cavalry or even foot artillery.

The coldstreamers are great ,but could have been released over the next year, in two`s and three`s.

I do like the idea, that you can add new and different figures to current regiments over a few years or so.

Do anyone know if we are likely to see French Foot artillery or British light dragoons next year.?

Cheers Mark

I think if you like marching displays then they are great.

As I prefer action dioramas, I think the mounted officer and saving the boy are good.

I want to see the marching officer and advancing guardsman in person, as I think they may also work

Gazza

I think if you like marching displays then they are great.

As I prefer action dioramas, I think the mounted officer and saving the boy are good.

I want to see the marching officer and advancing guardsman in person, as I think they may also work

Gazza

I too prefer the action poses so I guess I was looking for something similar to the French Line Infantry NA100-NA110. Each of those poses were unique and showed good action/animation.

I was also wondering if Andy was going to come out with another artillery piece for the French.

As always great figures, just wasn't looking for marching CG.

Colin

I like the CG's new poses/sculpts, they add more depth to Napoleonic displays. As far as future wants be patient I'm sure their are lots more great things to come as the Napoleonic line is very popular.

Cheers
CFM :)

I like the figures, but would have preferred some action poses although the wounded ensign being carried is excellent. I would also have preferred a different regiment, say Connaught Rangers. I will of course collect them all. The quality is great just prefer more action poses!!!

I too prefer the action poses so I guess I was looking for something similar to the French Line Infantry NA100-NA110. Each of those poses were unique and showed good action/animation.

I was also wondering if Andy was going to come out with another artillery piece for the French.

As always great figures, just wasn't looking for marching CG.

Colin

That's why I'm glad that I'd already gotten First Legion's Foot Artillery and Line Infantry!

OD,

I highly agree with you comments about more camp followers. I've stated in another post that my wife thinks I need more women in my collection, so I've got Nurses, Camp followers on the "Retreat to Corunna" series by ATS and the K&C Cantiniere NA 124 but NO Egyptian Dancing Girls......

This new 'lady' will go well at the table serving the 4 French Cavalry in NA82 so lets have more figures in 'relaxed' poses, as most of the time spent in the forces is 'Hurry up and wait' not fighting! That also goes for the wounded carrying wounded officer, more of that sort of figure too... do I feel that they are priminig up for battlefield hospital set, similar to the new ACW sets? A generic doctor and nurse would go great on either side of the conflict.

The marching poses are pretty 'normal' but I'd love to see then lined up en-mass as I'm sure they will look very impressive coming onto the battlefield, but where is an RSM....

Thats my thoughts...

John

NO Egyptian Dancing girls? I hereby send you my condolences:D:D:D.

Paulo

Paulo,

condolences accepted...... but thankfully I don't collect pre 1700....... the ladys all seemed to be more covered by then.

John

That's why I'm glad that I'd already gotten First Legion's Foot Artillery and Line Infantry!

Don't worry, I just ordered my first set of First Legion's British 1st Foot Guards. Now I'll get to actually compare these to King and Country and see if the extra $ is worth it or not!

Don't worry, I just ordered my first set of First Legion's British 1st Foot Guards. Now I'll get to actually compare these to King and Country and see if the extra $ is worth it or not!
They are more than worth it IMHO. Be careful what you wish for since I know I certainly couldn't go back once I had the 1st Legion ones. I really do like the K&C Cuirassiers, they are the best of their Napoleonic releases to date for me. I am not sure who sculpted these but the poses, detail, sizing and painting set a standard for the line that I just don't see in these or the earlier Guards or French line.

Hello All

I absolutely like the mounted officer, the pioneer, the wounded set and the camp follower. These sculpts are new & different and can complement to the existing CG line up.

As for the new marching figures ... I am less certain, for they dun really add to the existing figures, who are in a firing line. Dont get me wrong, I will still get all of them ... but I would perhaps have gotten more, if the new releases added to a humongous firing line or a square.

What do others think ?

OD

I agree, I think these are a welcome addition - I have the first releases - but the price has increased by 50% from £22 to £33 for the Guardsmen!

Jeff

They will be a welcome addition, to my coldstream colllection. and it is greatly appeciated. To have a batch of new"recruits".;)

Hello All

What do others think ?

OD

I already have nearly all the earlier Coldstream releases and was about to start collecting other stuff, but having seen the new ones this might have to be delayed. I think they look really good. Particularly the Ensign being carried. I have not seen any First Legion stuff [being a newby] how does it compare to K & C folks?

Alan

Well Alan if you are passionate about the Napoleonic period I think you owe it to yourself to simply try a First Legion figure and compare them for yourself. That is what I did when I first started out and I now I am working toward my second hundred First Legion Napoleonics. Depending on your particular interest I would suggest a First Legion British Guard, French Guard Chasseur or Prussian line infantry figure. I really don't think you will be disappointed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back