What Do You Collect? (1 Viewer)

I started collecting toy soldiers about twelve years ago and i now have a very nice collection of WW1 British from an excellant company called Toy Army workshop.
I now only collect K&C.The series i collect are Normandy,Bulge and N.Africa and i've just started collecting Berlin.I have been utterly fascinated in WW1 and WW2 since i went to France as a schoolboy in 1979.We (myself and my very understanding wife)now visit the battlefields every year.My wife has bought me hundreds of books over the years and i am currently reading The second world war by Winston Churchill.Would very much like to read a bio of Monty next.

Rob

I collect oil paintings from the age of sail (especially American on British Frigate battles) , books (both history and mythology); die cast 1/50 scale construction models (I especially like the Norscot and NZG stuff), medium sized (18 to 36 inch) Buddhist and Hindu brass God figures, glass oil lamps, clocks, grandchildren and toy soldiers (mostly K&C Napoleonic and WWII western Europe). My travels around the world, 37 different countries in a 20-year USN career, 17-years at sea on destroyers and frigates, have given me a variety of interests and collections.

Last edited:
I collect antique globes & micromosaics, art (especially the paintings of Gorge Tacla, a close friend of mine who is the youngest ever recipient of the Guggenheim Museum Fellowship) and all things King & Country.

I’ve been collecting for 10 months and several dollars later and it’s been a blast. I strictly collect WWII except the Pacific Theater. I collect KC, ONTC, Conte, Britains, TSSD (painted) and even FOV. Yes, I do the unthinkable, which is mixing them all in large dioramas onto tables and into large well illuminated glass curio cabinets (81”x 40 “x 21”) and converted bookcases.

Diorama materials used are well painted Conte Form Tech building, Build-A-Rama accessories, JGM, Petite Pines Northern (Trees) and Lemax landscapes.

I’ve even had the 21st Century Flak 88 and the 8-Ton Mover professionally painted (Winterized, Camo and DAK); thanks Mark! I guess I’m not very loyal to any one manufacturer product, its all about the esperience and having fun.

desk11desk12 said:
I’ve been collecting for 10 months and several dollars later and it’s been a blast. I strictly collect WWII except the Pacific Theater. I collect KC, ONTC, Conte, Britains, TSSD (painted) and even FOV. Yes, I do the unthinkable, which is mixing them all in large dioramas onto tables and into large well illuminated glass curio cabinets (81”x 40 “x 21”) and converted bookcases.

Diorama materials used are well painted Conte Form Tech building, Build-A-Rama accessories, JGM, Petite Pines Northern (Trees) and Lemax landscapes.

I’ve even had the 21st Century Flak 88 and the 8-Ton Mover professionally painted (Winterized, Camo and DAK); thanks Mark! I guess I’m not very loyal to any one manufacturer product, its all about the esperience and having fun.

What a great attitude. I agree whole-heartedly. I do the same, refer to the gallery section and you will see my large diorama a few pages in. But I still prefer K&C and I am willing to use others.:) Michael

Users who are viewing this thread

Back