What Do You Do For A Living (2 Viewers)

wellington

First Sergeant
Thought I'd ask the question what do you do for a living? Curious to know if in someway we all come from a similar walk in life or are we all odd balls?

lol....cheers Wellington

PS I'm a police officer in Canada...funny enough the dept is named after the York reg that fought in the war of 1812, the reg eventually was mobilized into a police service

Last edited:
Hey Wellington,
Im a Tool & Die Maker, but always felt I should have been in the armed forces. I live in Cambridge Ont.

Interesting question. :) I too was wondering what my fellow 2nd graders did to support their addiction. I spent 20 years in the US Navy. I retired as a Machinist's Mate Senior Chief (Surface Warfare) in 1989. Since then I have completed my college degree and moved back home to Minnesota. I have been working as an Economic Development Professional for the past 15 years. I put together business plans, loan packages and find other business resources for our county's businesses. It is a very challenging job and very rewarding, plus they pay me far more than I am worth. I am fortunate enough to be able to have a monthly allowance, from my retirement check from my uncle (sam), to be able to purchase five or six K&C sets a month :cool: . What does everyone else do? :confused:

Last edited:
Hi I'm a pirate. My other occupation was to be a father. My daughter I am proud to say is a double Ivy League Graduate and a member of the New York Bar Association.
Njja :)

I'm a clinical psychologist in private practice in Toronto. It's a great job if you're nosey.

Wellington, where do you live in Canada? Cement Shoes, you're not far from me in Cambridge. If either of you guys is interested in contacting me and possibly getting together, e-mail me at rwoodn618@rogers.com.

I'm an appeals lawyer in New York City. I'd much rather be a crazy history professor who uses toy soldiers as teaching aids, but they don't pay enough to keep me in toys.

Winky, I'm from Barrie, Ontario, good idea sometime we should get together! Wow everybody has interresting professions so far, especially the pirate, what seas do you roam...Mr, pirate.... :)

Cheers Wellington
..Oh ya almost forgot, being a Father or should I say Dad is the most honorable profession of all!!

Last edited:
I'm a techie at the Federal Reserve Bank and No I can't give you a heads up on interest rates. :)

Alexdakar said:
I'm a techie at the Federal Reserve Bank and No I can't give you a heads up on interest rates. :)

Are you on a first name basis with Big Al? :D

I'm a corporate lawyer based in New Jersey, working for a corporation. I studied to be a history professor but early on realized I wasn't god's gift to learning and that it wouldn't pay the bills. Sure wouldn't pay for K & C.

I have always been in technology sales. Basically I work with Fortune 2000 companies to sale them their servers, pcs, and laptops. I may possibly be switching to medical sales if a certain new job comes through for me. I probably took enough college history courses to teach history but how could I then pay for my K&C addiction.

Old Guard

wellington said:
Winky, I'm from Barrie, Ontario, good idea sometime we should get together! Wow everybody has interresting professions so far, especially the pirate, what seas do you roam...Mr, pirate.... :)

Cheers Wellington
..Oh ya almost forgot, being a Father or should I say Dad is the most honorable profession of all!!

Hi Wellington soon I shall be roaming the seas off the New Jersey Coast....I'm retired at 56 and going to do as I dam well please for the rest of this tour!!
Njja :)

PS I agree being a Dad and making sure my daughter would be able to take care of herself was my #1 Priority...... I also have a rather sizeable stake in one of the worlds great beer companies........so be sure to drink up while you enjoy your Military figures!!

Was market manager at AT&T Corp. for the multicultural markets ...Asian(Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Filipino, Indian), Hispanic and Diversified (English, non-American) markets. On top of the print and tv advertising, I am the "pesky" guy responsible in designing the telemarketing architecture to bother you guys during dinner time to "reach out and touch someone."

Recently took a voluntary retirement (AT&T as you know it is no more in 2006. Recently sold to Southwestern Bell) and moved from Bridgewater, NJ to Phoenix, AZ

N-P

I'm a lawyer and work for Legal Aid, here, in Montreal. I started collecting K&C figures last year (spring 2004). I do not post a lot of threads or replies (in fact, I think it's the second time) but I read yours on a daily basis.

My best wishes to everybody,
Pierre.

sceic2 said:
It is a very challenging job and very rewarding, plus they pay me far more than I am worth.

We'll try not to let the folks in Morris know about that! :rolleyes:

Other than being married to the Treefrog Treasures Grand Pubah (Shannon), I'm a Lutheran pastor at a church here in Eyota. Any other people of the cloth out there (I'd say men of the cloth, but there are more and more woman taking God's calling these days, and women of the cloth sounds like a sewing circle!)?

Pete

I was a commissioned officer in Armor for three years,than spent thirty-nine years,much of it as a Director of investments for a major brokerage firm. Now i`m a full time K&C dealer. Quality adult play time.

I am retired. Worked as a police officer and also 26 years has a locomotive engineer for Canadian National RR. and Amtrak. Leadmen

I'm an historical artist. I've been painting professionally now for over 20 years. Most of my subject matter pertains to to the North American Indian tribes during the 19th century. I also specialize in American Civil War and 19th century European military subjects. I'm currently painting a series of works portraying participants in the Battle of the Little Bighorn, which is rather timely since next year will be its 130th anniversary. www.kennethfergusonfineart.com

Last edited:
Sounds like a pretty diverse group! Fascinating to see what others do to pay for their K&C.

Personally, I'm a Perfusionist. Since only about 1 person out of a thousand has any idea what that is - I run a heart lung machine for cardiac surgeons in the operating room. I have been at the same institution for 34 years as of November (in various capacities).

Right after Merl Hays and Thom Walla took over a local hobbyshop called Hobbytown, I worked part-time for them as a second job. This was good insight into how the hobby business functions. Later they went to a national franchise operation - Hobbytown USA.

Married, three sons, three grandchildren.

Gary B.

I work for the Irish civil service. (I'd tell you more but then I'd have to shoot you ... ) I've about 35 years to go before retirement, by which stage I hope to have my K&C addiction under control!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back