What has the K&C NEW RELEASES done to you ? (2 Viewers)

Capitolron

Lieutenant Colonel
Well - for me the King & Country New Releases has made me rethink the size and scope of my collection.

I have recently started several lines like Fields of Battle, Market Garden, World War I, US NAVY / Streets of Hong Kong and several WWII lines like AK, WS and DD Sets. With all these great new WWII figures and sets coming out - I must decide where to draw the line. I can't simply collect them all ! :eek:

I already am very committed to the Napoleonics, American Civil War, American Revolution and the Crusaders. I plan to stay solid on those. I will review all the others and Defense Budget realignments will occur ! :D

Impulse buying must stop and targeted purchases must occur. At least for now ;)

So - what about you guys ? Does anyone else have this problem with too much good stuff ? :confused:

Anyone else cutting back on some ranges to refocus ?

Nope no problems, its all good!:).D Day has long been my biggest collection so its full steam ahead for the Brits and Canadians for me,i probably won't have any conflicts of collections until Arnhem comes round again,but i'll cross that Bridge(too far;))when i come to it!.

Rob

My god Ron it must be terrible:D:D:D to have such a problem.I don't have that problem as I'm not collecting anything at the moment.
Mark

I plan on probably getting all these D Day related sets, which will probably mean selling some older parts of my collection to pay for them.

It broke the bank! I am still focused on Afrika Korps vs 8th Army, Fields of Battle, D-Day vs Waffen SS, and Battle of the Bulge. I have resisted Napoleonics, my other love, just because I do not have the space or money, especially to buy multiples of figures.

I collect mostly armour with enough soldiers to make scenarios. I was not going to buy the LCA or the new set of British landing parties and save the money for more armour like the Cromwell. But then the Canadian landing parties were announced. And the LCA is a really good looking model. But there are not enough Canadians for a really good invasion - so better get the British sets too. And the Atlantic Wall/Defending the Bunker sets are must haves. And I need a beach (JG Miniatures)

How much is all that? I have not added it up and don't anyone tell me. So my spending has gone from the only the Cromwell into much more than a thousand dollars.

That is what the new releases have done to me Capitolron.

Terry

Total confusion!!, ;). A Lot of new releases, But not enough money:D. Time to cash in all my coins, in the 5 gallon jug. LOL:eek::)

Dedicate numbers on the dart board for the future sets I need. The more expensive ones being doubles, triples and bulleyes. Bottle of Jim Beam and darts. Problem solved.

Take Care

I think I might be dropping either my AK range or my Market Garden Range to support my Normandy and Battle of the Bulge purchases. Just to much to get not enough money :(

It certainly makes things interesting, but its nice to have so many interesting

sets to consider.:D

I am collecting A&K vs 8th army, LAH and Napoleonics. I plan to stay committed to these 3 lines... but I find it very difficult to keep up to date with them and I am thinking about to give up (and sell) one of the lines.

I also have a few Waffen SS, Fields of Battle and WWI Germans which I mix with my LAH display but I will keep resisting them for now.

I have stayed faithful to Napoleonics and AWI, mixed in with some FIW pieces. Nice they may be, I managed to resist all others to date. However, I am finding that the new mounted ACW rebel cavalry is making it PAINFULLY hard not to jump into ACW.

As it is .. I am already making enquires with my regular "dealer" on how to catch up on the past ACW releases. Its going to be a very painful coming few months :( ... but exciting too :D

OD :)

Its excrutiatingly hard being a WWII enthusiast, now moreso than ever. The era and its accompanying lineup is so vast its hard to have it all with space/money limitations to be sure. I'm therefore forced to focus on all things Commonwealth in the Arnhem, D-day, and FOB lines. Clearly I'm delighted with recent events. Sprinkle in a lot of opposition and the odd individual piece here and there from other lines/eras that I can't resist and there you go. Sure I'd love to venture more deeply into those other lines and eras beyond my "dipping the toe in the tub" but I'm staying strong.
"What has the K&C NEW RELEASES done to me?" Well its allowed me to have Canadians, a lifelong dream, and a more significant Commonwealth recreation of D-Day at Sword, Gold, and Juno beach! Awesome. Add the RAF in the Battle of Britain and........oh I don't want to talk about it! :eek:

"What has the K&C NEW RELEASES done to me?" Well its allowed me to have Canadians, a lifelong dream, and a more significant Commonwealth recreation of D-Day at Sword, Gold, and Juno beach! Awesome.

Kudos to that, I can't wait to see what collectors come up with for dioramas with these exciting new offerings. Not to mention Caen, Villers-Bocage, Operations Epsom and Goodwood and Hill 112.

Really looking forward to see what some of you come up with on these fronts..............

I plan on probably getting all these D Day related sets, which will probably mean selling some older parts of my collection to pay for them.

Brad

Yes - I feel the pain too :(

Too many Ranges are being covered - time to pull back and regroup. :)

I believe my desires for the US NAVY / Streets of Old Hong Kong - must go - first on the Defense Budget Chopping Block - can't really see starting this line up with all these very cool D-Day Sets coming out and keeping up with the rest of the collection.

I already have too many unopened sets in the closet - waiting for their day and room is running out quick :eek:

Sale to start soon - Dragoons must be bought ! ;)

Brad

Yes - I feel the pain too :(

Too many Ranges are being covered - time to pull back and regroup. :)

I believe my desires for the US NAVY / Streets of Old Hong Kong - must go - first on the Defense Budget Chopping Block - can't really see starting this line up with all these very cool D-Day Sets coming out and keeping up with the rest of the collection.

I already have too many unopened sets in the closet - waiting for their day and room is running out quick :eek:

Sale to start soon - Dragoons must be bought ! ;)

'Unopened in your closet' lets not go there Ron!:eek::D;)

Rob

Coming up with a feasible strategy for borrowing my wife's credit card ;)

Reb

I have the same problem to Ron. I am starting to realize I am running out of space and money.:D Been focusing on World War II and JJ figures lately.

Guess this is why the secondary market is so big! Plus some nice profits for the sellers on some K&C retired...:D

Paulo

A)Concentrated my mind onto my original and favourite collection, D Day.
B)Given me some ideas for dio's i'd like to create.
C)changed my buying plan for the next few months.

What i like about the last two dispatches is that in a short space of time we are getting a whole swathe of Brit/Can releases giving us an in depth and quality range.

Rob

Users who are viewing this thread

Back