What movies got you interested (1 Viewer)

I am afraid I fell victim to movie magic at an early age watching such classics as "Bataan", "Thirty Seconds Over Tokyo", and just about anything with John Wayne. They all peaked my interest in toy soldiers and things military. It has been a lifelong fascination. -- lancer
Also saw "All Quiet on the Western Front" at a young age after my father warned me I wouldn't like it. I can only assume he didn't think I would understand it. I'm sure I missed the anti-war theme at the age I was, but I sure loved the trench warfare. It helped hook me. I also made a successful attempt to never miss "Combat" on Tuesday nights.:D -- lancer

Had to admit ,that John Wayne getting killed in Sands was a big shocker to me, when I first watched the movie. One of his classics with Searchers and True Grit..Michael

After his demise in Sands, it was such a touching and very moving scene with the reading of his letter by Agar. This movie cemented his place in Marine Corps history forever, from that moment on, he always granted interviews and visited military bases when he could. He was a hero to the Corps, and some say that his footprints at Graumans Chinese theater are a little darker than the rest--because REAL sand from Iwo was mixed into the concrete.....................Stryker

I always watch Combat and Rat Patrol also.Saw so many movies can't say which really got me hooked but To Hell and Back and John Wayne WWII movies seem to stand out.And a lot westerns with the Cavalry also.Remember being disappointed when I heard that the horse cavalry didn't exist anymore and I couldn't join when I grew up ( I would have been too big and fat anyway:D ).
Mark

For me one the best scenes from any War film has to be that scene from Longest Day,the moment the German NCO first spots the invasion is superb.What it must have been like that morning to see that wonderful,enormous invasion fleet about to embark on the crusade to free Europe,wonderful stuff.

Rob

One Sunday afternoon at boot camp. We were preparing to go out for drill when a Drill Instructor from another platoon came in and talked to our Drill Instructor. Drill was delayed and we sat in the squad bay and watched The Sands of Iwo Jima. The only TV that I was allowed to watch during my time in MCRD

One Sunday afternoon at boot camp. We were preparing to go out for drill when a Drill Instructor from another platoon came in and talked to our Drill Instructor. Drill was delayed and we sat in the squad bay and watched The Sands of Iwo Jima. The only TV that I was allowed to watch during my time in MCRD

I know what you mean..................Stryker

Quote:
Originally Posted by olla86
Titanic and Mr.and Ms.Smith...for me

And what ranges did they get you interested in then?

In reference to the above I can see great diorama potential. Leonardo and Kate on the bow of a complete 1/30 Titanic and Mr and Mrs Smith fighting in the kitchen. Of course the only collector who could afford the Titanic item would be Peter Jackson !!
Regards
Brett

Quote:
Originally Posted by olla86
Titanic and Mr.and Ms.Smith...for me

And what ranges did they get you interested in then?

In reference to the above I can see great diorama potential. Leonardo and Kate on the bow of a complete 1/30 Titanic and Mr and Mrs Smith fighting in the kitchen. Of course the only collector who could afford the Titanic item would be Peter Jackson !!
Regards
Brett
I don't know about that but certainly "Angie" would be a popular "figure" in any range.:eek::D
angelina-jolie-297.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back