What paint do I use? (1 Viewer)

mr colt 45

Corporal
I have posted this question else were on the forum. I have a Del Prado figure. I opened the clamshell package and put him out on the shelf and noticed that on the tip of his nose is missing the paint. What brand of paint do I use and what would the color code be? The figure is Presdent Jeff Davis of the CSA of the ACW. Also were would I get the paint? There is only Hobby Town USA were I live. Thank You, Mr Colt 45.:)

go to your local Walmart or Hobby shop...buy an acrylic "flesh tone" paint...Folk Art paint is fine...it will probably not be a perfect match...blend lighter and darker colors to get as close as you can...just a drop of each will suffice for the mixing...apply the least amount of paint that you can to do the job...

you could contact Del Prado...but I doubt they can give you an exact match...

again...apply as little paint as possible to get the job done...don't repaint anything more than is absolutely necessary...

MikeMiller: I want to Thank You for Your help. I will look into this and try it. Thank You: Mr Colt 45::):):)

If you can find Vallejo paints try light brown and any form of red. I like Amaranth for this purpose. You will have to mix. I would not waste your time with D P as they do not make the figures.{sm4}

Turning to a different subject, what paint (or technique) would I use to simulate a mirror?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back