What should Build-A-Rama release next? (1 Viewer)

1) Some 1/30 AND 1/32nd building "flats" - that is instead of a building that is large enough to put the figures in, we also need buildings for "background", a structure on about an inch, or so, deep to be the back edge of a diorama, or to be able to pose the figures/vehicles in front of and still have room in a display case. Hopefully these could also be cheaper. Of course, I would prefer buildings for Normandy in summer WW2 and Bastogne/St. Vith for winter WW2.

2) One COULD also look at some conversion parts for some of the diecast vehicles on the market. For instance the FoV Sherman can receive a new hull to make a later M4A3, or a corrected upper hull to be an earlier version of the M4, etc. I can come up with a few specific projects if there is interest.

Gary

:D Yeah, Yeah, Dead blotted cows and..and horses too and...and...maybe some dead guys without heads:cool:

I'd like to see some LARGE hedgerows and trees, not just small ones to put kneeling figures behind.

With WWI getting a lot more attention lately (from Britains, ONTC, and soon K&C) are there specific WWI accessories that are needed? Trenches perhaps? I could envision a series of interlocking ones so people can buy one or several to suit their needs. A 'No Man's Land' section could go between them filled with barbed wire and craters. If they are all made to fit together a person could have an instant diorama if they wanted it.

Anything else for WWI?

Pete

Both Britains and K&C are doing 1914, which was a period of rapid movement, that being pre trench warfare. Interlocking trench sections is a good idea but not of the same period of the Great War that these two major makers are now focusing on.

1) Some 1/30 AND 1/32nd building "flats" - that is instead of a building that is large enough to put the figures in, we also need buildings for "background", a structure on about an inch, or so, deep to be the back edge of a diorama, or to be able to pose the figures/vehicles in front of and still have room in a display case. Hopefully these could also be cheaper. Of course, I would prefer buildings for Normandy in summer WW2 and Bastogne/St. Vith for winter WW2.
Gary

I'd also like to see some new background buildings for shelf displays.

There is a wide scope for European buildings (houses, barns and factories) suitable for various time zones as well as some clay brick building styles for desert theatre backdrops.

However to cut production and freight costs I'd prefer them to be in light-weight material like polystyrene rather than polystone. The earlier K & C buildings were to heavy and over priced imo.

In addition the obsolete/retired flat K & C buildings have attracted the attention of the investor types, making them expensive for basic display use.

Good ideas,

How about some artillery shells of all types in piles, viewable in crates, spent shells and loose whether they are 57mm, 105mm, 70mm, 75mm, 155mm and of course 88mm. And don't forget Brits (e.g. 25 pounders).

Carlos

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the great suggestions. It is great to see that we are all on the same page. A lot of the items mentioned are in the works soon to be released.

2007 should prove be an exciting year for setting up dioramas.

Thanks again for the continued support and Happy New Year!

Mark
www.build-a-rama.com

How about some old european farm houses or buildings that could be used for napoleonic as well as WWII,WWI and other eras as well.

And also some back drop stuff like farm tools, hay stacks maybe some pig pens with food dispencers for the pigs, horse stables, rakes,pitch forks, saws, buckets, hoists, cups, candle holders, plates, ect.
Watch some movies from those times(cival war, revolutionary war,napoleonic era any movies set back in time)and watch for the little things, period props to get some good ideas!!! Just some every day to day iteams, its small things like this that can make a diorama look great.
A lot of these iteams can be used with all periods of time and will sell to all buyers not just WWII buffs,but i,m sure they will buy these iteams also.

I am with Tim on this. I would love some more Napoleonic buildings. It would not be very hard to make them work in WWII and WWI.

Thanks,
Old Guard

How about buildings also around the Normandy campaign or Arnhem?
longer flats would be nice as a back drop but that could also accommodate
figures as well. Full sided bldgs would also help. Farmhouses, damaged bldgs
to hide a tank or halftrack.Even as mentioned a factory would be nice.

I could use something to the K&C crusader series!

BTW - could someone tell me, where to find a good background/panorama for K&C Crusaders?

I could use something to the K&C crusader series! BTW - could someone tell me, where to find a good background/panorama for K&C Crusaders?

Welcome to the forum The Templar. Great name by the way. You don't happend to have any insight into what exactly the Templars found under the Temple Mount during the crusades do ya:confused:

I believe others have said that K&C intends to produce a modular castle in 2007. Use "castle" in the search function on this forum and you will find some conversations that had links to various toy castle web sites.

You don't happend to have any insight into what exactly the Templars found under the Temple Mount during the crusades do ya:confused:

:) No, but they did find something - something of great importance!

Thanks for the hint "castle"!

Doesn't really matter what Mark makes next as all of his stuff is outstanding and no matter what he makes, it sells like hotcakes, end of story...........the knocked out Sherman display is a work of art..........

Users who are viewing this thread

Back