What Soldiers Did You Buy Today? Tell Us All (1 Viewer)

This is what I am getting from a European contact...

Attachments

• 77_1_b.jpg
    77_1_b.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 144
Thats a very nice looking armored car! I dont see those types of toys too much anymore. Nice to see they are available still.

Dave

I just recieved two more awesome little tanks - both are variations I've never seen before...

Number one is a colorful Japanese variation of a camo version already in my collection and number two is an earlier Arnold tank with more simplistic markings than the one I already own. I cannot believe that I am getting this obsessed with these little tanks. If you happen to be in NYC, stop by and you get a good look at about 40 of 'em.

Attachments

• japan-tank.jpg
    japan-tank.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 75
  • arnold-tank.jpg
    arnold-tank.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 69
I received my regiment of 42nd highlanders today from K and C napoleonic series.....they are excellent...love them all!!

I just got back off holiday to find my new LE Stug waiting for me and also the recent Dragon Armor Huber Jagdpanzer.

man this stuff adds up.all the new brtish and berlin buildings also found a few normandy village i was missing. i got 2 new stugs and 3 ws47.this week should order new staghound and amph vechile.pat

Gideon,

What kinds of tanks/toys are those. Do they fall into a certain classification?

Cyber Hobby Leopold Winter edition railgun.Nice piece.Picked it up on e-bay.Eazy if you have not got these yet from the Dragon collection they are well worth it.Smaller scale but look awesome.Battle Rhino sent me a recent update of coming releases and still no Stug's.More SturmTiger's and T-34's..

jazzeum said:
Gideon,

What kinds of tanks/toys are those. Do they fall into a certain classification?

What do you mean?

Generally, these fall into tin/wind up toys but they are also military collectibles and such.

They are a bit different than other things you will see on this board for sure.

I finally ordered the Russian and German infantry of the "Berlin 1945"-series I didn't have.

Hi All,

I just picked up two sets from Marlboroughs Delhi Durbar series off of ebay for a song. I got the Viceregal Party on an Elephant and the warriors on stilts. They are going to be great additions to my display. :D

This week I ordered my K&C DUKW and the "Tommy Patrol" from one supplier and the Churchill Tank and Bren carrier from another. I have decided to add a modest UK presence to my US collection. I also ordered the IMEX 1/72nd sets of US and ROK Korean War infantry in 1/72nd - hoping to do use some for late war US infantry and use others for conversions of same. Also found a Forces of Valor 1/72nd M4A1 with mine roller at Target for only $8. That's the most toy soldiers I've bought in one week for quite a while.

I just recieved a britains sopwith camel [bought on ebay] and a ltd ed stug
from king & country.[only the second k & c set i have bought]very pleased with both.I can see K & C is going to put a dent in my collecting budget.

The glossy version of the Chinese Wedding Procession from K&C. Very hard to find, very obscure and one of the coolest sets I've ever seen from them.

Just got King & Country's IWJ19 "Raising The Flag" This is now my favorite set. I get chills everytime I look at it ! It's so well done.

Hey Fully Automatic yeah i've seen the railgun in my local model shop. It looks really good and i'll probably get it in the near future. It's just the standard one though not cyber hobby.
I do like the Dragon armor models. Did you get the recent King tiger with fallschirmjagers diorama? I love that piece.
Still no Stugs though. They must be due soon. Still waiting is half the fun. It's like collecting FOV stuff. They seem to release everything in 2 huge batches twice a year! I really want the new Panther and the Grant and the Wirbelwind...and... and...and!!!

Back on topic, at the Toy Fair today i bought the K&C Churchill Tank and the new Tommies on patrol. The 2 pieces really complement each other. I really think these British troops have set a new high standard.

Eazy, the Dragon issue Railguns in grey and tan are well worth the $20 price if you can get one from your hobby dealer.Unlike the Cyber Hobby version they come with a crew.I picked the CH issue up pretty cheap on e-bay and the other two I purchased in Atlanta at the Dragon expo.I don't usually buy the CH stuff because I don't order direct and refuse to pay the big mark up on ebay for them.Ther was two Ardennes King's that I wish I had but alas I missed out.I have the first Wittman(Winter 001), the supposed Limited edition 500 one and the double Wittman set. Talking to a CH rep at Dragon Expo I found out that the latest Wittman Winter set with crew actually had a extra fig if you ordered the Japanese edition/version.
Anyways I'm picking up a few of the T-34's.Waitng for the German decal T-34's which will be something different to have displayed and to my understanding and reading happened alot on the Russian front.Do you dispaly your Dragon Armor in the small plexiglass cases they come in or do you take each individual out and display them separately?I'm still working on a display plan for them and everything else.... :) Brian Greenwood has some great cases and also is doing some customizing now so I might go that way.

I kind of shop around on Ebay to get the best prices on cyber hobby stuff and have lately found a dealer here in the UK who orders all the CH tanks and sells them privately with only a small mark up.
I don't have the first Wittman Tiger as the price is a bit crazy. I do have the 2nd Tiger they came out with though and have bought all CH Wittman releases including the limited to 500 one and the dual pack which seem to fetch a high price lately.

Fully Automatic when you went to the Dragon expo did you manage to get the Huber Jagdpanzer. Prices on that one have got kind of out of control. One on ebay at the moment is up to $125. Thankfully i got mine from an online retailer who honoured all his $39 preorders.

As for display i mostly keep them in their boxes although i do open them. I'm going to get another wall mounted display cabinet and hopefully they'll look pretty good in that. I'll probably take them off their black bases.

On a final note have you seen Dragon's new landing craft diorama? Pretty cool.

Bought the Katyuscha, Puma and RA11 Support section. Pre-ordered the tenement and chancellary, also asked my dealer if he's going to add the new Bulge figures to his catalogue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back