What Vehicles Would You Like To See Made? (1 Viewer)

What Vehicles Would You Like to See Made?

• Churchill MK VII Crocodile

Votes: 10 30.3%
  • M4A3 Flail Tank

Votes: 7 21.2%
  • M26 Pershing

Votes: 14 42.4%
  • FT 17 Renault in German Service

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Valentine MKIII

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Renault R35 in German service in the Balkans

Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Soviet T34 in German service

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • The SturmTiger

Votes: 14 42.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just finished reading Brothers In Arms written by Kareem Abdul-Jabbar and Anthony Walton. I would like to see a tank destroyer from the African American 614th or 761st Tank Destroyer Battalion.

Sorry, I can't help throwing in the trivia. 614th was a TD outfit, but 761st was a tank battalion. Three companies (17 tanks each) of M4A3 (originally with 76mm guns, but some replacements might have had 75's also), plus one M4A3 with 105mm howitzer (like DD45) along with three more M4A3 gun tanks and three more howitzer tanks in battalion HQ, plus a company of M5A1 Stuarts (replaced by M24s in spring of 1945).

So, anyway, Andy has a basic M4A3 chassis already sculpted (the DD45). I know he doesn't do repaints, but a few changes on the chassis and a new 76mm turret and we would have a nice M4A3 with 76mm gun for the 761st. This might be a cool addition to the Battle of the Bulge line as the 761st was a Third Army outfit that saw combat in the Ardennes area.

Gary

boot51 said:
That doesn't sound too promising.:(

Fred

Don't worry Fred. It was just a packaging issue. They wanted to get the tanks to the kick-off show just to gauge collector reaction, but their packaging wasn't ready so breakage did occur. Honour Bound says once the real packaging is available and they ship the initial dealer orders they won't have breakage issues.

Hi Shannon;

I talked to George G. after the N.J. and he assured me it was just a case of rushing to get the product out in time for the show, I believe Ana from HB said the same thing on another thread, and that the packaging issue would be resolved before any more tanks were shipped. Looking forward to seeing them in person, I hear the tanks are very nicely detailed, but some have mentioned that the figures are a little on the slim side, that's OK, so am I.:D

Fred

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back