What was your first K&C piece? (1 Viewer)

I had been attending the London toy soldier shows for years and buying ww1 soldiers from a company called toy army workshop.Each time i went i would see K&C tables and would be really tempted,and finally several years ago i bought the 3rd infantry patrol.And that was it ! Have been totally hooked ever since.I couldn't believe i had found a company who made such realistic ww2 figures,and from then on they have been my main hobby.

Rob

The year was 1994 & I was living in San Diego at the time. The Old Toy Soldier Home (Bob Fisher at the time) was the venue. The K&C set that started this wonderful virus:the limited RAF set with the colered scramble scene on the box. I still have the receipt! That was & is a great memory.

Beaufighter,

I started collecting K&C about the same time (it was the winter of 1993 into 1994). I got my first set from Kings X, though. It was the glossy mounted Teddy Roosevelt with two marching Rough Riders.

:) My first peices were of the dday series. i have since started with the american reveloution and battle of the bulge serues as well as germans. i am actually getting them for my boys. my oldest gets the dday series and battle of the bulge. my youngest is the american reveloution. he got interested when we visited fort ticonderoga. my oldest son asked me why i stopped getting him the other series. so i started back up again. getting them interested is fun and i plan on attending a show in the new year with my youngest.

I had been attending the London toy soldier shows for years and buying ww1 soldiers from a company called toy army workshop.Each time i went i would see K&C tables and would be really tempted,and finally several years ago i bought the 3rd infantry patrol.And that was it ! Have been totally hooked ever since.I couldn't believe i had found a company who made such realistic ww2 figures,and from then on they have been my main hobby.

Rob

I want a WW1 Toy Army Workshop armored car. Any dealer there still with inventory from this company...Thanks, Michael

:) My first peices were of the dday series. i have since started with the american reveloution and battle of the bulge serues as well as germans. i am actually getting them for my boys. my oldest gets the dday series and battle of the bulge. my youngest is the american reveloution. he got interested when we visited fort ticonderoga. my oldest son asked me why i stopped getting him the other series. so i started back up again. getting them interested is fun and i plan on attending a show in the new year with my youngest.

Welcome to the forum. It is good to read about your children gaining an interest in the hobby so that it has collectors into the future. Welcome a really great forum for information about our hobby.

Well, I started collecting K&C in 2006. Yes, 2006. I acquired five LAH Police officers and two LAH SS soldiers. I think they look great looking. I have to get the entire SS collection some day. I'm about 30 million pieces shy of Louis B's collection. LOL.:)

Nick

hi all, i start to collect k&c ww2 items (80% german army) on the may of 2005, when my brother gave to me for my birthday the ws 43

well, when i had seen this set my love for this company exploding, and in one year and half i have collect less or more 30 sets

saluti

max

It was IWJ22 - Courage Under Fire, followed swiftly by the Iwo Jima flag raising set.

The first K&C was the DD022 Patton Command Car Set .
and it was not the last !!!!!!!!!!!.

richard .:)

Mine were WS 17 (Panzer Grenadiers attacking), DD 25 (The Sherman) and DD 26 (Airborne Patrol). When I saw them in the store at Charleroi, Belgium, I was sold.. The amazing detail and scale were definitly a reason to start collecting K&C. Immediatly I sold the set of Conte and Minichamps I bought in Bayeux while visiting the landingbeaches in Normandy. And since then I collected a beautiful collection of D-Day, Waffen SS, Leibstandarte and Battle of the Bulge sets. Always as happy as a little child in a candy store when a package arrives.. :D

Ranger

My First Purchase Was From Andy At The Chicago Show In 1996. I Was Actually Looking For Trophy Figures When I Came Out A Hall Way Where There I Saw A Great Anrhem Set Up And Friendly Gentleman With An Old Country Accent.well I Ended Up Leaving With Fighting Withdrawl And The Other 5man Set. My Only Regret Is That I Did Not Have The $ For The Recce Jeep Which I Am Still Mlooking To Purchase.

guys coming in late to the game my first K&C was DD65 British Sherman from the London Show last year. Since then well thats just telling!!! my wife might see

Monty

Users who are viewing this thread

Back