Whats the difference between forces of valor enthusiast and action series? (1 Viewer)

Platoon-Leader

Private
i see the box is different(one is light brownish and the other is a dark blackish color. Anything else?

The enthusiast version is the one sold to the toy soldier dealers who carry the line, while the action series is the one peddled in the mass merchandiser stores such as Walmart, Target, etc, etc.

The enthusiast version has a better paint job than the action series; the enthusiast version retails for a higher price point as a result.

The theory as to why FOV did this was because 21st Century was selling their vehicles to both toy soldier dealers and mass merchandisers; same version to both, but mass merchandisers were selling them at retail BELOW dealers wholesale cost, so FOV did this to allow dealers to offer the higher quality version..............

The enthusiast version is the one sold to the toy soldier dealers who carry the line, while the action series is the one peddled in the mass merchandiser stores such as Walmart, Target, etc, etc.

The enthusiast version has a better paint job than the action series; the enthusiast version retails for a higher price point as a result.

The theory as to why FOV did this was because 21st Century was selling their vehicles to both toy soldier dealers and mass merchandisers; same version to both, but mass merchandisers were selling them at retail BELOW dealers wholesale cost, so FOV did this to allow dealers to offer the higher quality version..............

Thanks

Well said by Warrior, however, some of The Action Series I saw (and even bought a few because of the great price) at Target had less acessories. I'm not sure if this is the case with all of them or just some of the ones I saw.

I also remember some discussion a couple of years ago on this Fourm where some of the posters actually perfered a few of the Action Series over The Enthusist ones possibly because of the painting schemes. I bought both versions of The Abrams and Bradley and saw very little difference (except for the price). Regards, Larry.

Well said by Warrior, however, some of The Action Series I saw (and even bought a few because of the great price) at Target had less acessories. I'm not sure if this is the case with all of them or just some of the ones I saw.

I also remember some discussion a couple of years ago on this Fourm where some of the posters actually perfered a few of the Action Series over The Enthusist ones possibly because of the painting schemes. I bought both versions of The Abrams and Bradley and saw very little difference (except for the price). Regards, Larry.

Larry is correct, the action series also had less accessories and he is also correct on the paint jobs, they were slightly different than the enthusiast version, so the price difference less the accessories was worth it for the collectors and laughable for the dealers..............

Larry is correct, the action series also had less accessories and he is also correct on the paint jobs, they were slightly different than the enthusiast version, so the price difference less the accessories was worth it for the collectors and laughable for the dealers..............

what about the infantry box set? Does the same go for them?

I bought several of the boxed Infantry and now wished I had saved my money. They are basically all plastic. Glad I bought them at Target for about six-seven bucks a pop at the most. Now saying that the 1:32 airplanes and 1:48 choppers (especially the Huey) are really worth the money. I have several classmates who were Huey pilots and Artillery Forward Air Controllers who have them on their desks and think a lot of them. Regards, Larry.

I bought several of the boxed Infantry and now wished I had saved my money. They are basically all plastic. Glad I bought them at Target for about six-seven bucks a pop at the most. Now saying that the 1:32 airplanes and 1:48 choppers (especially the Huey) are really worth the money. I have several classmates who were Huey pilots and Artillery Forward Air Controllers who have them on their desks and think a lot of them. Regards, Larry.

yes there plastice but some of these come with a bunch of accessories and diorama

I have gotten several enthusiast tanks, like the 3rd edition UK sherman, in an Action Series box.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back